LR Baggs Venue DI and Boss '63 Fender Reverb!

Craig

Reaction score
I'm not one for effects....at all...however, I so dig my Venue DI and Boss '63 Reverb, I just had to pass it on. I figured the combination would sound great with my Ko'olaus with active pickups, but what blew me away is how it made our old (6+ years) all Koa Pono sound with it's passive pickup! I know that many have passive pickups in their ukes, so I just want to pass this on.

Lets hear!

I like the larger knobs as compared to my Baggs paracoustic DI. Coupled with the Baggs MiSi pickups in my two ukes, it's a great combo that's never disappointed me in live situations. No matter what system I'm running through, I've been able to dial in an awesome tone. The only complaint I have about the paracoustic is the tiny knobs, but that's kind of a minor complaint, because once I set it up, it pretty much stays that way (unless the board op changes something and I need to adjust). Lately I've been tri-amping with my rock set up going through a Fender Twin, a Marshall 100w half stack, and then the PA, for an unbelievably HUGE sound. It's nice to hear the words, "Can you turn the uke down a bit?" The Baggs is a huge part of that set up, and I'm sure this one is even better with the addition of the 5-band EQ.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks, Craig. That's the first revue of the Venue I've read from trusted source (I still love my M-Audio powered monitors!). Since I usually perform with a passive pickup Ovation Applause UAE20, I know how much better it sounds with my L.R. Baggs Paracoustic D.I.. Especially when played through an electric guitar amp or P.A. system. I like the portability of the paracoustic, but the Venue looks to be only about three times it's size. The Venue has a chromatic tuner and a VU meter. I like the VU meter feature to keep from overloading the preamp. Ric

Top Bottom