Pegheds

TheCraftedCow

Reaction score
Being a "newbie" to this site, I may be in the wrong area. I would ask that someone would graciously redirect me if so.

I am NOT a newbie to PEGHEDS and getting them to people who want them at less than an arm and a leg price. Currently, most sets are $48.00 for 2L and 2R. That does not include shipping and the PayPal fee if you want to go that way.

I am about to an inventory increase of about 100 sets. I would also like to do an inventory decrease. Is anyone wants to buy a dozen sets at a time, I will lower the price to $40.00 a set. That's a $96 savings. They are the current 7543A or 743AF. You may mix the two for the dozen price. www.PEGHEDS.net is the website.
thecraftedcow@comcast.net is the best way to contact me for sure.

This should probably be over in Marketplace. Moving there now.

Being a layperson but familiar with wood tools, what does it take to replace a set of friction tuners with pegheds? I have a soprano that I'd love to give a try but the web site's install info is still getting going.

I have another website http://www.thecraftedcow.weebly.com .There is an extensive collection of installation tips. It is necessary to know what size existing hole is in your uke. There are 7mm; 7.5mm and 8mm diameter tops which fit flush with the front of the headstock. [my ou250 Bell has a 9.5 dia. hole. I will make some plugs of the same wood to fill the caverns. Then I will redrill on the centerlines and install 7mm PEGHEDS so I have some solid wood all around them.] It takes a 30:1 tapered violin reamer. Beware the least expensive on eBay because of the prohibitive shipping cost. The fellow from Canada is the most reasonable. Practicing on a similar thickness / same kind of wood is highly recommended. A digital micrometer is really nice, but not necessary. I like to check each one because there is a +/- tolerance of .002 in the milling of the shafts from the machine shop. It's easy enough I can do it. Practice first on scrap wood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom