Bruko Ukulele

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Mahogony Bruko 'Slimline'
It's in good condition & at a fair price - does anyone have any experiance with these?

I'm thinking of buying a Mahogony Bruko 'Slimline'
It's in good condition & at a fair price - does anyone have any experiance with these?

I got the Bruko No. 6/1 soprano, the slimline series. Here's a picture of mine;
DSC_1339.jpg

Thin body makes it nice for me to hold, also to be mentioned-the wide & comfortable maple neck. Satin finish, nice three piece wood veneer on the headstock. Lightweight, black-buttoned friction tuners. I love the classic tone, although it sounds quite bright. Restrung it with Fremont Blacklines to replace stock strings (Pyramid) and boom! Sweeeeet. :D Overall it is a decent uke, and quite reasonable price, too! The only thing I regret about buying this uke is on how hard to find a thin hardcase. Mailed Hubert Pfeiffer of Bruko regarding this matter, and the company got thin hardcases in stock, its just the price matters-$125. But its the shipping cost actually. Case itself retails at only $40. I suggest you this uke.

Here's a video review by Ken Middleton BUT it is the ordinary No. 6, not the slimline series;

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience of their tenors?

I got the Bruko No. 6/1 soprano, the slimline series. Here's a picture of mine;
View attachment 32391

Thin body makes it nice for me to hold, also to be mentioned-the wide & comfortable maple neck. Satin finish, nice three piece wood veneer on the headstock. Lightweight, black-buttoned friction tuners. I love the classic tone, although it sounds quite bright. Restrung it with Fremont Blacklines to replace stock strings (Pyramid) and boom! Sweeeeet. :D Overall it is a decent uke, and quite reasonable price, too! The only thing I regret about buying this uke is on how hard to find a thin hardcase. Mailed Hubert Pfeiffer of Bruko regarding this matter, and the company got thin hardcases in stock, its just the price matters-$125. But its the shipping cost actually. Case itself retails at only $40. I suggest you this uke.

Here's a video review by Ken Middleton BUT it is the ordinary No. 6, not the slimline series;

Thanks -the Uke I'm looking at is the same model as yours and it comes with the Bruko hard case. It looks like another one is coming my way!

Top Bottom