3 Questions with luthier Mike Pereira

jimdville

Reaction score
He certainly sounds like a nice guy. Very humble, knows what he's talking about.

I have one of his ukes and just played it this morning..I really enjoy mine..Mike is one of the nicest luthiers around, a pleasure to do business with.
Talented and knowledgable ......I am very happy with mine..

Last edited:
Thanks so much for that! I have one of his ukuleles, but have never met him. Really a genuinely great guy to work with. Very interested in getting to what you, the customer, wants. And the ukulele is really lovely to play.

In terms of his neck expertise, I had mine made with a custom width, which was an inexpensive add-on, and which he did perfectly to spec. That is something you can't get from some luthiers, or which you might have to pay through the nose for.

Hi UU!! Thanks for all your kind words, I really appreciate it. And, thanks Jim for your great job of editing....being in front of a camera is not the most comfortable place for me.

Hey Ronnie, the guy who came came up with the design of the unfinished uke I was holding really has great vision for a custom. :shaka:

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon! I love my MP!

That's bad for the wallet to hear. I sold my MP koa concert on because the neck and fretboard were a tad uncomfy for my small stubby hands. It wasn't a custom, and I told myself that I could buy from him again in the future something a bit more for me. Also, I have visitation rights, and wow has that koa ever opened up since then.

Glad to see Mike join Team Luthier here at UU!

Thanks so much for that! I have one of his ukuleles, but have never met him. Really a genuinely great guy to work with. Very interested in getting to what you, the customer, wants. And the ukulele is really lovely to play.

In terms of his neck expertise, I had mine made with a custom width, which was an inexpensive add-on, and which he did perfectly to spec. That is something you can't get from some luthiers, or which you might have to pay through the nose for.

Top Bottom