A VERY special 40th birthday gift...

H

Hippie Dribble

howdy gang

well I turned 40 yesterday morning and my wife presented me with this beautiful surprise...

DSCF0456.jpgDSCF0457.jpgDSCF0458.jpg

Captain Lovehandles drew the caricature and Eugenie had it framed. The art is just incredible...he even got the quirky little details in...bent thumb, dodgy one-finger picking technique, my fave mya moe. I am so thankful Jas, you're awesome mate.

And a special shout out to the member who won the contest auction and asked this to be done. Man I wish I knew who it was so I could send some token of thanks. But thankyou from the bottom of my heart. I will treasure this always.

Was a nice, quiet day here, hot and sunny...spent time in between the vege garden, watching the Australian Open tennis and strumming ukes. 40!!! Shucks... glad to have made it this far he he

This community is so wonderful, it's been my lifeline for more than 18 months now, through some good times and some tough ones. You're all great and it's a blessing to be a member here and be able to share our great passion for the ukulele

Thanks and cheers to all
jon :)

Aloha Jon,
Congrats on your awesome gift. Have an "Aussieome" day.............................BO........................

That's a great picture for a great guy! All the best to you.
BTW, I have shoes older than you.

Happy Birthday, Jon!

But remember, you're still a kid- wait until you get to be my age...

(And I can honestly say that I used to have to walk a mile to school, uphill both ways!)

-Kurt​

Aww.. it is pretty awesome isn't it? A very happy birthday to you Jon! Here in the US it is still your bday.. Celebrate and enjoy! It's cold here.. so enjoy your gardens!!!

Jon, you're the man! Happy birthday! Keep cranking out those videos!

Happy Birthday, Jon!

But remember, you're still a kid- wait until you get to be my age...

(And I can honestly say that I used to have to walk a mile to school, uphill both ways!)

-Kurt​

With no shoes! But it was okay, because we didn't have feet to put them on anyway! That's right, uphill both ways in two feet of snow on our knees - and we were thankful to have knees, 'cause some of our neighbors only had hips...

Happy birthday, Jon.

A great gift! Happy Birthday a day (or so) late.

How awesome is that, very cool indeed. Happy B-day

The snow lasted all four seasons too! And we liked it!

Happy Birthday Jon! Now starts the first anniversary of your 39th birthday. :)

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! What a coincidence, I turned 39 yesterday. What a great gift.

howdy gang

well I turned 40 yesterday morning and my wife presented me with this beautiful surprise...

View attachment 32400View attachment 32401View attachment 32402

Captain Lovehandles drew the caricature and Eugenie had it framed. The art is just incredible...he even got the quirky little details in...bent thumb, dodgy one-finger picking technique, my fave mya moe. I am so thankful Jas, you're awesome mate.

And a special shout out to the member who won the contest auction and asked this to be done. Man I wish I knew who it was so I could send some token of thanks. But thankyou from the bottom of my heart. I will treasure this always.

Was a nice, quiet day here, hot and sunny...spent time in between the vege garden, watching the Australian Open tennis and strumming ukes. 40!!! Shucks... glad to have made it this far he he

This community is so wonderful, it's been my lifeline for more than 18 months now, through some good times and some tough ones. You're all great and it's a blessing to be a member here and be able to share our great passion for the ukulele

Thanks and cheers to all
jon :)

Happy happy and welcome to the club of having a Lovehandles caricature! He's an awesome person and an amazing artist.
I treasure mine like family.

Happiest birthday to you!!! I wish I could see 40 again!

Great gift, you are blessed to have lotsa thoughtful people in your life.

WTG Jon, Happy 40th. It seems like you've received some really great gifts lately.

Top Bottom