"You need one for the bathroom!"

ukuraleigh

Reaction score
I got somewhat busted today, when my wife counted up how many ukuleles I have (nine).

Of course, I was able to justify each one, including:
  • One for Jake to sign at his Raleigh concert
  • One to take to her parents, so I can leave it there
  • One for travel
Etc, etc.

That's when she joked that I needed one for the bathroom, so I can practice while sitting on the porcelain throne.

I'm not sure she expected me to think that was a good idea. So now I need a "crappy" uke for those occasions. ;)

I got somewhat busted today, when my wife counted up how many ukuleles I have (nine).

Of course, I was able to justify each one, including:
  • One for Jake to sign at his Raleigh concert
  • One to take to her parents, so I can leave it there
  • One for travel
Etc, etc.

That's when she joked that I needed one for the bathroom, so I can practice while sitting on the porcelain throne.

I'm not sure she expected me to think that was a good idea. So now I need a "crappy" uke for those occasions. ;)

Good one-- I had as many as 10 in the past 4 months and I am now down to 5 keepers, but I have used the "Jake" and "Travel" excuses.

Get a dolphin. If it falls in the bowl, at least you know it can swim!!

There was a thread about this a while back. There were an astonishing number of people (myself sometimes included) who play ukulele while... ummm.... tending to other business. While I sometimes do this, I just take whatever uke I'm playing anyway. I never thought about using it as justification for another one. I doubt that my wife would be willing to let me keep a uke in our only bathroom.

New validation for plastic ukes!

Would a dolphin/any other cheap laminate uke be destroyed by the steam from a shower? I have a plastic uke but it is neither cheap nor a beater so I don't want to leave it lying around.

Would a dolphin/any other cheap laminate uke be destroyed by the steam from a shower? I have a plastic uke but it is neither cheap nor a beater so I don't want to leave it lying around.

I think it would be fine. It's not steamy for long.

Some of you guys are nuts! I love it...

I have two ukes I play. Kanilea and kala. The kala is stationed in the bathroom at all times.

For you "contestors", there must be an idea for one hidden in this thread somewhere.

Do they make waterproof ukuleles?? One I could use in the bath or the shower, then I just drain it out afterwards, haha.....

I'm justifying one for that! And I have two bathrooms.....

Top Bottom