kala soprano ukulele info?

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
yeah i wish there was a website with a BUTT LOAD of ukulele reviews. makes life and searching for the perfect uke easier.

I have the Kala Kiwi, which I imagine is the same thing except for the small differences. I like it a lot, It makes a nice mellow sound, stays in tune well, and it's just a blast to play. Musicguymic set it up with Worth Clears, which took some getting used to when I was so used to Aquilas, but they compliment the uke nicely.

I only have/had two very minor problems with it. The lower tuners are angled downward, so they get in the way of my hand when I'm plying an E7 or F minor. The Pineapple design doesn't have this problem though. The other problem I had is that the bridge is placed very low on the body. This left the bridge rubbing against my right arm, but somehow I don't seem to have this problem anymore either. I must have changed the way I hold it or something.

I say buy it! It's a fun uke, and I've ordered from Ukulele World before, they're great people to deal with.

Here's two videos of my kiwi for further reference:

Me playing Happy Birthday

My girlfriend playing Scream and Run Away

I have the Kala Kiwi, which I imagine is the same thing except for the small differences. I like it a lot, It makes a nice mellow sound, stays in tune well, and it's just a blast to play. Musicguymic set it up with Worth Clears, which took some getting used to when I was so used to Aquilas, but they compliment the uke nicely.

I only have/had two very minor problems with it. The lower tuners are angled downward, so they get in the way of my hand when I'm plying an E7 or F minor. The Pineapple design doesn't have this problem though. The other problem I had is that the bridge is placed very low on the body. This left the bridge rubbing against my right arm, but somehow I don't seem to have this problem anymore either. I must have changed the way I hold it or something.

I say buy it! It's a fun uke, and I've ordered from Ukulele World before, they're great people to deal with.

Here's two videos of my kiwi for further reference:

Me playing Happy Birthday

My girlfriend playing Scream and Run Away

are worth clears better?

I don't know about better. They come stock with GHS strings which I like, but I think for this ukulele I prefer the sound of the Worths.

they both are great strings, but if you are going to do any fingerpicking, the aquilas are squeakier, which i find annoying

My review of the Kiwi version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6RfRzMW1t0

It tends to be a bit head heavy, so a strap or Uke Leash is very helpful. Great little instrument for the money... lots of fun too. I like Worth Clear strings on mine, but if you are more of a strummer, you might like Aquila.
–Lori

Top Bottom