Great Renaissance Ebooks by Jamie Holding

Olarte

Reaction score
I first met Jamie Holding when he was 15 over at Delcamp.net which is a "parallel universe" of UU but dedicated to Classical Guitar.

I was not as interested in the Uke back then but it still intrigued me that this 15 year old boy was making some nice basic arrangements of Sor studies and other early pieces.

Well now about 2 years later, I'm really getting serious with the Uke and expanding from classical guitar. I want to benefit from all the technique of CG and use it for some early music on the Uke.

Well I checked Jamie's site and he now has about 7 Ebooks of great arrangements of renasissance pieces. All in tab and very easy to follow.

I asked Jamie about the lack of standard notation and he pointed out that original Lute music was written in it's own tab format not unlike the Uke tab system.

Anyway, I wanted to give you all a heads up so you can check it out and buy one or two, or heck buy all his ebooks if you want to make beautiful Lute music on the Uke. You would also be encouraging this young man to keep doing such good work as he follows his musical Journey.

You can find some free arrangements and a collection of 7 Ebooks very reasonably priced and with a lot of great arrangements by Jamie. His site can be found http://sites.google.com/site/classicalukulelearrangements/Home

Warm regards,
ivan

Thanks!!! I am off to BUY THOSE ebooks!!! Previously, I got a copy of From Lute to Uke, which has similar Renaissance and early music--perfect on the uke for a lute-like tone and if you like fingerstyle playing. Small guitars were common in those days.

Top Bottom