Question about Worth strings

NatalieS

Reaction score
I have Worth CM (clear-medium tension) strings on my two soprano ukes. I really love the feel of them on my Flea but they feel really tight on my Lanikai. I can't decide whether it's due to higher action or an issue with the strings themselves.

Has anyone tried the Worth Clear low-tension strings? I'm wondering if they would be more comfortable or if I should just take off the CM strings and lower the action at the bridge and saddle. Could anyone offer me any advice? Thanks!

I have worth clear low tension on my solid mahogany concert. I really like how smooth and fast the playability is. I use to have Aquillas, but changed to Worths a couple of weeks ago. I love the feel of the Worths, the action is low, and love the sound, it makes chord changes and note runs easier because it's so fast and smooth. They are not as loud as the Aquillas, but I like the sound of the notes better. My A string can sound kind of plunky or twangy in spots especially on the first fret. I was wondering whether medium tension might have been better.I Don't play a great deal of chord strumming with my uke though.

Thanks for the good review! I ordered some light tension strings tonight. :)

Woohoo! The new strings came in, and I took the opportunity to lower the action on my Lanikai by sanding down both the bridge and saddle quite a bit. The combo of the two methods has made playing a LOT more comfortable... I'm now able to easily play a Bb chord without having to white-knuckle it to get the strings down enough. Woohoo!

Top Bottom