I miss Rick Turner

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I don't know Rick but I miss his dry wit and knowledge in luthiery. He's busy building away instead of checking out this site. Hahaha

I am not a luthier but I like LL because a lot more honesty than Uke Talk. I would miss anyone who is contributor in this forum as all of you are so free in sharing your wealth of knowledge. Thanks for taking some time off your busy build schedule.

Last edited:
I was just thinking the same thing, I miss hearing from Rick too!

Did you know Rick is building a Uke at NAMM this week? I will tell him to come back if I get a chance to talk with him.

Did you know Rick is building a Uke at NAMM this week? I will tell him to come back if I get a chance to talk with him.

I will too, if I get a chance to talk to him. I also hope I can show him my manzanita build, which was inspired by his ukulele building class.

Me too - he's worse at crossing the line than me! Come back Rick - someone else needs to stick their neck out :)

That just means that you have to double up your efforts, Pete!

But, yeah... miss Mr. Turner's sage advice.

I also have been wondering where Mr. Turner has been. I've been hoping that he's been really busy instead of maybe frustrated and done with us. If you are out there, please know you are appreciated!

Hey DougF, you may have a difficult time bringing an instrument into the Exhibit hall..Unless you are an Exhibitor.Check first or you will be leaving it in your car or hotel room..

Last edited:
Hey DougF, you may have a difficult time bringing an instrument into the Exhibit hall..Unless you are an Exhibitor.Check first or you will be leaving it in your car or hotel room..

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about that.

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about that.
The issue is not getting it in, it is getting it out. you needa vendor to sign off on it and come with you to the door to let you out

Top Bottom