New Group in Marlow, UK

briward

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Marlow, Bucks, UK
Apologies if you already read about this in the new members section.
===========
I have just joined Ukulele Underground on the advice and recommendation of John Caudrey.
I am fairly new to the ukulele and have been enjoying John's RUG sessions in Reading, UK. I tried, with little success, to find a more local group so being recently retired, I decided to set up my own!
Please look at my new website at
www.marlowuke.co.uk
.. any comments and advice most welcome.
I haven't got a venue or programme yet and only have very few interested people so I need to advertise and recruit (preferably fairly new uke players like me) before kicking off .. a local pub may provide a room but I would like to get a dozen or more players before committing to them.
So onwards and upwards!
Wish me luck and best wishes to you all.
Brian
====
PS I think I may need to post this elsewhere too so apologies if you come across it again.
====

Website looks good so far!

I've been meaning to get along to a RUG night but so far it's evaded me. Marlow is fairly close to me and there's certainly plenty of great pub locations scattered in or just outside the town.

EDIT: I'll be there!! :)

Last edited:
Register Interest

Anyone likely to be interested please fill in the 'Contact Us' page on the website. That way I can keep tabs and update everyone.
Thanks
Brian
==

I'm planning to go, depending on work stuff
Paul

I am originally from Henley and my dad is still down south. I work for him, so I still get down quite a lot.

I would love to come along depending on when you're playing.

The inaugural meeting on Monday was a brilliant introduction for many of the 30 participants that I counted. It was really great to see the smiles on the faces of so many newbies who obviously didn't anticipate that they would actually be able to play 7 or 8 songs by the end of their first evening.

A terrific first night Brian, very many congratulations on such an auspicious start to what I think is likely to become a very lively group. I'm really looking forward to Monday 27th.

Agreed it was a very enjoyable night -Brian had clearly put a lot if time into making the evening a success.
Paul

Top Bottom