String Help

tnfishdaddy

Reaction score
My son has a Bristol guitar made by Blueridge. It is a BM-16 000 guitar. He is 10 years old. The guitar teacher changed out the strings the first time but he charged my wife $30 to do it. I am going to order a couple of sets when I order some uke strings and change them myself. I am clueless about guitar strings. Not even sure what to ask for. He is 10 so something that would work for a 10 year old. I know with my other sons mandolin, we went with a silk something or another and it made a big difference on making it easier to play. Of course a mandolin is strung a little tighter. Please give me a couple of ideas please.

My son has a Bristol guitar made by Blueridge. It is a BM-16 000 guitar. He is 10 years old. The guitar teacher changed out the strings the first time but he charged my wife $30 to do it. I am going to order a couple of sets when I order some uke strings and change them myself. I am clueless about guitar strings. Not even sure what to ask for. He is 10 so something that would work for a 10 year old. I know with my other sons mandolin, we went with a silk something or another and it made a big difference on making it easier to play. Of course a mandolin is strung a little tighter. Please give me a couple of ideas please.

Acoustic guitar?
Steel string guitar or classical guitar?

For steel string, there are quality and inexpensive: http://www.amazon.com/DAddario-EJ16...2RNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326824792&sr=8-1

For nylon string guitar. this is quality and inexpensive: http://www.amazon.com/DAddario-EJ45...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1326824858&sr=1-2

Thanks, I will order some. For that price on Amazon, I can change them 7 times for what the music teacher charged.

Yeah, the D-Addario lights are the way to go then.

PB light is the thing for a 10 year old. I would have considered coated as well, less squeaky. Elixir nanoweb is very easy to play on, and easy on the fingers. A bit pricey though.

Top Bottom