Your experience with Clip On pickups?

I bought a 'Cherub' five quid new off ebay. Works fine provided you don't move around much as the cable hum is picked up by my amp.

Love my Snark! No prolems of any kind. Price is right too! Probably the overall top choice

I bought one Snark and liked it so well I now have one in every case. Never had any problems.

In my experience the clip on pickups are good enough to plug into a tuner with a jack socket, but I REALLY wouldn't dream of using one to amplify an instrument for a gig/open mic/pub session. Just not reliable or good enough. I've tried a couple.

Clip on tuners, on the other hand, are great.

Last edited:
There are many different types of pickups out there. It just depends on what sort of sound you want and what sort of environment you will be playing in. In the end if you want a good sounding pickup you have to be willing to spend the cash on one. Any style pickup in the $10 - $50 range is generally not going to sound very good. The pickups that I've found to sound the best usually require drilling a hole or having a wire coming out of your soundhole. MiSi and Pick up of the World are two that I know of that have had very good results but both will cost you $100+ for just the pickup.

Top Bottom