New tool investments / reckless cash dispersal

Sven

Reaction score
So I went and bought some nice stuff:

bild%2B1-745196.JPG

Violin pegs, bone saddle blanks, a japanese gouge, metal friction tuners, string spacing thing (thanks Ken!), and another miniature plane.

bild%2B2-747098.JPG

For pics that go boom, visit http://argapa.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-tools-and-stuff.html

I am so pleased with it all. Together with my new multi solera, I really look forward to 2012.

Did I show you my multi solera? I keep mixing stuff up in my head, maybe I just posted a link on facebook. Once I've tried it out a bit I'll show you.

Sven

Very nice Sven. Is the gouge for braces? I recently got a bag of those friction tuners too.

Last edited:
Yup, for braces it is. I prefer glueing them down unshaped and do all the work afterwards.

[NB - I have the luxury of doing this in my spare time, after my well paid day job etc etc. I enjoy chisels and planes and I don't like pre-shaping stuff on beltsanders, disc sanders, bobbin sanders and what have you.]

Man...that is very very nice. It is always a joy to "get some new tools"
haha....

Please let us know how you like that Veritas miniature shoulder plane. I also want it too, but not sure what I will use it for.

Please let us know how you like that Veritas miniature shoulder plane. I also want it too, but not sure what I will use it for.

I use mine to fine tune the tenons on mortise-and-tenon neck joints. Of course, the fine tuning only goes in one direction, so I'm careful to take off just a little at a time until I have a snug fit.

Top Bottom