Luna Great Wave Ukulele Concert Question

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody on this board has the Luna Great Wave Concert ukulele? Im very interested in getting it but I noticed in these 2 pictures it doesnt seem to have fret markers on the side of the neck? Are those models supposed to be like that? I really want to get this but the lack of fret marker on the side neck really annoys me lol. Also if you do have it, hows the sound?!

Lastly, is this model the equivalent to the luna high tide concert ukulele? It looks very similar to me.

Attachments

• luna ukulele.jpg
    luna ukulele.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 97.jpg
    Picture 97.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 24
I haven't seen the Great Wave model, but I did own a Luna Tattoo concert (before handing it off to my god daughter). That one didn't have fret markers on the side, either. And, from what I can remember from poking around some music shops, a lot of models don't.

I think it's just an extra thing that some manufacturers opt to do or not.

Am I missing something, or will a dot of paint on the side of the neck work as a fret marker? As in, a bottle of Wite-Out? Or those dots from office supply houses?

Yeah, white out would work. If you needed to reapply it, no problem. If you want to take it off, no problem.

I just use a tiny d'or of my wifes pearl nail polish. Did one dot on the 7th fret on my classical guitar 4 years ago and have not has to touch it since.

My luna (concert floral) doesn't have fret markers on the side either. I have never noticed until you asked (owned it over a year and half now) or even minded.

Top Bottom