PDA

View Full Version : Has Jake Shimabukuro ever visited Australia?

Bao
01-19-2012, 03:10 AM
I've never heard of him coming to Australia before and I wonder why not. No doubt that there are probably many Aussie ukulele players here on UU aswell apart from myself that want to also see Jake perform live right?

Infact, I've never heard of any famous ukulele players visiting Australia (or maybe I'm just not in the right crowd that would hear it). The only exception would be Victor Kim from quest crew.

Ronnie Aloha
01-19-2012, 04:42 AM
I've never heard of him coming to Australia before and I wonder why not. No doubt that there are probably many Aussie ukulele players here on UU aswell apart from myself that want to also see Jake perform live right?

Infact, I've never heard of any famous ukulele players visiting Australia (or maybe I'm just not in the right crowd that would hear it). The only exception would be Victor Kim from quest crew.

They have a huge uke fest in Cairns. I think James Hill has been there along with Daniel Ho, Craig Chee and Matt Dahlberg.

Hippie Dribble
01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Uke Orchestra of Great Britain on their way in Late Feb / March Bao...would be worth going to

Camsuke
01-19-2012, 10:40 AM
He played at the Byron Bay Blues Festival 2008.

Bao
01-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Ah i see. There hasn't been any ukulele events in Sydney though, which is unfortunate because I don't have time for a vacation at the moment.

Where is this Uke Orchestra being played Eugene? Fingers crossed that it is Sydney