Two new ukes from Martin!

ScooterD35

Reaction score
Last edited:
<spit take> Solid koa top, back & sides? Extremely good price.

Wow. Love to hear it.

I agree - wow - I would certainly would play this to test it out. I assume it isn't made in the U.S.

Wow! Solid Hawaiian Koa!

My suspicions mirror nongdam's, at those prices, they're probably assembled in Martin's Mexico factory.

I may have decided on my next Uke if it is half way decent. That price for a solid koa is outrageously suspect. But I guess the msrp is on part with other imports.

I wish they would make a koa soprano in the same price point. I might be able to swing about $390 if it sounded good. The 2K is out of my price range right now :(

Hmm if they're nice then I'd be up for one...maybe they'll capitalize on their presence in the industry and we'll see more solid Koa ukes in stores. Hopefully they sound good! The S0 I played sounded pretty awesome.

I LOVE that concert uke. Classy!

At $390 for a Martin solid koa tenor, I'm thinking it has to be an import.
Martin has an American made 2K koa tenor already (list $1649, street $1249).
$900 difference between the two.

Even their S1 Mahogany soprano from Mexico sells for $379.

Makes me wonder what all is different.

Last edited:
At $390 for a Martin solid koa tenor, I'm thinking it has to be an import.
Martin has an American made 2K koa tenor already (list $1649, street $1249).
$900 difference between the two.

Even their S1 Mahogany soprano from Mexico sells for $379.

Makes me wonder what all is different.

This is why I say it is outrageously suspect:)

I should clarify that my street price is an estimate based on dealings with Martin dealers that routinely give 40% off of list price. Among those dealers are Maury's music in Pa., My Favorite Guitars in Fl. and Elderly Instruments in Mi.

The prices on their websites and catalogs are usually Martin's MAP (Minimum Advertized Price). That is the lowest price they are allowed to advertize but if you call and ask for their lowest price you usually get 40% off.

I have calls in to verify the pricing on these new ukes and will report back as soon as I get an answer.

Scooter

Ok, I just heard from John Garon at My Favorite Guitars and the deal is 35% off of list price. (They are made in Martin's Mexico facility, BTW.)

That would put the C1K at about $410 and the T1K at about $422 (+ shipping of course).

They have ordered them but he doesn't know when they'll be in yet.

MFG's # is 239-530-7425.

Scooter

I'd bet money they're out of Mexico. That being said, I really like my S-O and looks like I might add another tenor to the collection.

The pricing puts them in line with some of the better Kala ukes, as well as much of the Pono line. It's a very attractive price point for a quality uke, and I don't know if anybody else offers a solid koa uke for that much. That it's built outside the US would seem to be a given.

The proof will be in the playing, so I can't wait to get my hands on one. But a Martin all-koa concert or tenor, even Made in Mexico, for slightly above 4 bills? Yeah, you have my attention. :)

Top Bottom