Namm 2012 new Aldrene G ukulele from kanilea

Thanks for the report, Mike. That wood is spectacular! I love it all except for the rosette. If that's not a sand inlay, what is it?

I like the inlay, kinda relax casually. Just fit into the uke style....
Thanks for sharing it to us(who cannot attend and drool remotely).

i gotta go along with Drew BEAR here stunning instrument but not too sure about the rosette

Aloha,
+ 1 more for Drew's assessment on the rosette, everything else is beautiful.........................BO.....................

I actually like the rosette, which I believe is maple. I wonder if a pick up comes stock, and if so what type.

Put me in the love-the-rosette camp. Seems like a very modern take on rosettes. The contrast between maple and Koa is one of the prettiest combos IMO. The open headstock is pretty cool because it looks scaled right than many i've seen that seemed too big and over-powering.

Actually, the only thing that bugs me is the fretboard logo. I think I just officially became an old fart...

That is not Maple on da rosette, it is the sand was from Kailua beach.

So what's the price?

The logos on fretboard and peg head are sand inlay. The rosette is not sand, but he did not say what it was. Maple sounds right. My guess is price will be in Moore Bettah territory.

Last edited:
Love the idea that the fretboard inlay was Kailua sand. Really cool li' dat.

The rosette is meh. I kinda like the Kanile'a body to be plain kine.

I like the rosette a lot. I dislike the logo on the fretboard though. I guess I'm just not a fan of "signature series" instruments

Looks good. I'm in the camp that likes the rosette, and the slotted headstock and Gilbert tuners are right up my alley. I'm guessing it should be more accessible than the Jake Shimabukuro Kamaka signature model? Maybe in the $3000 range? (accessibility is relative...) Kanile'a should offer the same uke but personalized with custom inlay for each customer (should be easily done with their laser etching equipment). That would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom