Ko'olau CE-1 or CE-2 Measurements?

garywj

Reaction score
I am in need of a case for a Risa electric. I've played the Ko'olau CE-2, and it felt very much like the same size as my Risa. Ko'olau will sell me a case. They do not have the dimensions of the CE-1 or 2 on their website. Does anyone here have one, and if so, could you please give me a few measurements?

Length of entire uke end to end, length of body (body end to neck joint), lower bout, waist, upper bout and thickness of body.

Thanks in advance for any information.

If you search custom cases, under "Uke Talk" you'll find a thread regarding the same question.

I emailed Ko'olau about their CE-1 dimensions awhile ago. They responded that the dimensions are the exact same as their regular cases except for the depth. Unfortunately I don't remember what the depth was...I think it was somewhere in the 1 3/4" to 2" range. You should definitely double check the depth though.

The dimensions for their other cases (listed on their website):

High quality wood case with a black, synthetic leather vinyl cover.
Chrome plated hardware. Ko'olau Case for Ko'olau and Pono brand 'ukuleles. Oahu Case is available for all other 'ukulele brands.

Ko'olau Case and Oahu Case

Overall length, Inside Dimensions:
Soprano 24" / 610 mm
Concert 26 1/2" / 673 mm
Tenor 29 1/4" / 743 mm
Baritone 30 1/8" / 765 mm

Upper Bout Width, Inside Dimensions:
Soprano 4 3/4" / 120 mm
Concert 6 " / 153 mm
Tenor 7" / 177 mm
Baritone 7 1/2" / 190mm

Lower Bout Width, Inside Dimensions:
Soprano 6 3/4" / 172 mm
Concert 8 1/16" / 206 mm
Tenor 9 1/2" / 241 mm
Baritone 10 1/2" / 267 mm

Depth (lower body edge, Inside Dimensions:
Soprano 2 5/8" / 67 mm
Concert 3 5/8" / 67 mm
Tenor 2 15/16" / 75 mm
Baritone 2 15/16" / 75 mm

I emailed Ko'olau about their CE-1 dimensions awhile ago. They responded that the dimensions are the exact same as their regular cases except for the depth. Unfortunately I don't remember what the depth was...I think it was somewhere in the 1 3/4" to 2" range. You should definitely double check the depth though.

The dimensions for their other cases (listed on their website):

I saw those numbers. They are for their acoustics, not electrics. I was surprised they didn't include them for the CE-1 and 2.

I saw those numbers. They are for their acoustics, not electrics. I was surprised they didn't include them for the CE-1 and 2.

I know those are for their acoustics. If you read my post I said that Ko'olau said those numbers are accurate for their CE-1 except for the depth which will be shallower.

Top Bottom