Kala Tenor - Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back & Sides + upgrades and case - KA KTG CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr moonlight

Reaction score
Asking $280 + Shipping.

I'm ready to part with my Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back and Sides Kala Tenor sized uke. There are a couple of upgrades. It has Gotoh tuners and a mineralized walrus tusk saddle that total to about $70 extra. Also included is a uke crazy case although the screws came off one side of the handle. The uke is currently set up for low G, but you can string it up standard if you like. It's in nice condition with only one extremely minor tiny dent in the soundboard that's about half the size of a pinhead. I'll try and show it in the images. Besides that it's in great condition although it could use a good buffing if you want it to be all new and shiny. Otherwise it's a good solid uke that's set up nicely and sounds fantastic. I'd love to keep it, but I can only keep so many uke's in my new place since it will be a bit smaller and I really don't play this one anymore since I got my custom Ko'olau.

Here's the tuners on it.
http://www.hanalimastore.com/servlet/the-13/Gotoh-SG381-Mini-Tuners/Detail

I prefer only to ship within the U.S. since selling anything with Fossilized Walrus Tusk requires a $100 permit if it's going through international mail.

I'll put up some photos later today. Here's a sound sample I just made so you can get an idea of how it sounds.

PHOTOS
kala_1.jpg

kala_2.jpg

kala_5.jpg

If you would like to see the hi resolution versions I can email them to you.

Attachments

• uke_DSCF8303c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8303c.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 9
  • uke_DSCF8271.jpg
    uke_DSCF8271.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
  • uke_DSCF8294c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8294c.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7
  • uke_DSCF8290c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8290c.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 9
  • uke_DSCF8293c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8293c.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Mr Moonlight,

It will be so nice to see photos but the sound is good. Could be my second ukulele if you are willing to negotiate with a "hungry student."

Here's a few more photos
kala_3.jpg

kala_4.jpg

The one with the case shows where the screws are missing from one side of the handle (I just used the strap, or you could screw the handle back in if you want. I lost the screws). The close up of the soundboard shows the small dent. It's right in the center.

Attachments

• uke_DSCF8282c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8282c.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
  • uke_DSCF8301c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8301c.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • uke_DSCF8275c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8275c.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 7
  • uke_DSCF8278c.jpg
    uke_DSCF8278c.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It is a very nice instrument, and a very nice price! I paid about $350 new for mine, just over a year ago from MGM, with the standard tuners and saddle.

Whoever gets this from you is getting a very good deal!

-Kurt​

It is a very nice instrument, and a very nice price! I paid about $350 new for mine, just over a year ago from MGM, with the standard tuners and saddle.

Whoever gets this from you is getting a very good deal!

-Kurt​

Yeah, I got this one around a year ago and paid a little more with the case. I think it was around $375 and for how good a uke this is, I felt like that was quite a deal. I wasn't too happy with the standard tuners so I upgraded to the Gotoh ones and they were much smoother and stayed in-tune better. I had some Mineralized Walrus Ivory laying around, so I made a saddle for it to replace the standard one. If I remember correctly it was a synthetic. Either way the new one gave it a slightly warmer tone with more clarity.

Almost forgot, the strings on it are the d'Addario's. My favorites strings right now are the Ko'olau Alohi's, but I didn't have an extra set to put on. Plus whoever buys it may want it strung differently.

Nice arrangement(but we can t see your right hand technique!)
"I had some Mineralized Walrus Ivory laying around"
oh sure, doesn't everybody? =D
Good luck with the sale-it's a beauty.

Nice arrangement(but we can t see your right hand technique!)
"I had some Mineralized Walrus Ivory laying around"
oh sure, doesn't everybody? =D
Good luck with the sale-it's a beauty.
I was just playing to show how it would sound. Sorry, I never thought of that. My big knee was in the way ;)

I used to do a lot of work on guitars so I just happen to have a stash. It's actually pretty easy to get online. Enough for a few saddles will only cost around $50 depending on where you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom