PDA

View Full Version : UWC 2012 - Lodging

Dominator
01-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Last year there were a number of people who stayed at the Brown County Inn during UWC. Id like to get a feel for how many people are considering staying at the BCI again this year. If there are enough of us then it may be possible to get some sort of discounted rate. Mike is going to look into it when he gets back from NAMM. I thought I would try to get started on gathering him some data to decide whether it is feasible or not.

So please post here if you are considering the BCI for your UWC accommodations.
Thanks,

haolejohn
01-20-2012, 05:46 AM
If I get to go...It'll be BCI again. I'd rather camp or cabin but cabins are too expensive and camping is hot and I have sleep apnea so not the most restful:)

haolejohn
01-20-2012, 05:46 AM
And I am sure most of us SEUkers that stayed last year will do it again???

Dominator
01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I know a bunch of people are shacking up in the cabins. It gets pretty crazy too.

garyg
01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Wow, you folks are way ahead of me. If I go I'll be a first timer so how do those options stack up, cabins vs. motel? Is camping possible? How many folks are going from the Atlanta area? TIA, g2

haolejohn
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Wow, you folks are way ahead of me. If I go I'll be a first timer so how do those options stack up, cabins vs. motel? Is camping possible? How many folks are going from the Atlanta area? TIA, g2

Gary there were 6 of us last year. I rode up with Dbeal, Hu, UkeRepublic. Jas came on his own and so did DeG. There is camping and it is pretty nice just hot.

OldePhart
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
The nice thing about the camping is that it is on site - last year I stayed in a motel, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do this year. I may camp if I have time to drive and make a week of it like I did last year. However, it looks like I'm going to be right in the middle of two critical projects around that time this year so I may have to fly in and rent a car, and in that case I'll definitely be staying in a motel.

I guess "hot" is relative, coming from a scorching Texas spring I thought it was actually pretty pleasant. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a tent during the heat of noonday, but in the evenings it was cool enough that long sleeve shirts were comfortable, though not necessary.

The camping is "primitive" (i.e. no hookups, showers, etc.) but there is a creek and a fair amount of shade. Camping on site has the advantage that you can stay up late with the die-hards and then stumble off to bed about sunrise, I suppose. :)

John

RyRod
01-20-2012, 11:18 AM
If I go, I'll stay there, Dom.

haolejohn
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
The nice thing about the camping is that it is on site - last year I stayed in a motel, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do this year. I may camp if I have time to drive and make a week of it like I did last year. However, it looks like I'm going to be right in the middle of two critical projects around that time this year so I may have to fly in and rent a car, and in that case I'll definitely be staying in a motel.

I guess "hot" is relative, coming from a scorching Texas spring I thought it was actually pretty pleasant. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a tent during the heat of noonday, but in the evenings it was cool enough that long sleeve shirts were comfortable, though not necessary.

The camping is "primitive" (i.e. no hookups, showers, etc.) but there is a creek and a fair amount of shade. Camping on site has the advantage that you can stay up late with the die-hards and then stumble off to bed about sunrise, I suppose. :)

John

I'll trade your hot in Texas for my hot in Georgia any day of the week or month or year. LOL!!

garyg
01-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I was going to say, if guy from Georgia says it's hot you'd better take notice. Thanks for the info John. g2

Uke Republic
01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
If I get to go it will most likely be the BCI. Clean, nice pool, walk-able to town and good breakfast! I'm planning on being there.

haolejohn
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
If I get to go it will most likely be the BCI. Clean, nice pool, walk-able to town and good breakfast! I'm planning on being there.

Just make sure we bring some "tea" for Chris:)

Uke Republic
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
TEA? Hmmm could you explain? Do people understand how one should drink tea?
Just make sure we bring some "tea" for Chris:)

Colonel Uke
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I'll be camping again this year. Most of the fun begins late, and driving somewhere was just not an option. Sleeping in till noon is the way to go. I'll be coming up on Thursday from Lexington KY in case anyone along the route wants a ride.

itsscottwilder
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
If I go alone I'll probably Camp. But if Kathie comes a hotel would be great. And Kathie is probably coming.

UncleElvis
01-20-2012, 04:57 PM
If the bride comes, we're either going to camp, rent a camper or go BCI.
If she doesn't, it'll be probably cabins. Lord knows I'll prolly be there 90% of the time I'm not at the field, anyway!
I'd LOVE to get a camper and hang at the field the whole time.
If we do, of course y'all're welcome to flop down and play some music.

Uke Republic
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Could ya bring some triangles? I hear Bermuda has the best!
If the bride comes, we're either going to camp, rent a camper or go BCI.
If she doesn't, it'll be probably cabins. Lord knows I'll prolly be there 90% of the time I'm not at the field, anyway!
I'd LOVE to get a camper and hang at the field the whole time.
If we do, of course y'all're welcome to flop down and play some music.

OldePhart
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Could ya bring some triangles? I hear Bermuda has the best!

BWAAA-HAAAA. Gotta admit it took me a second, but that there is funny...

hoosierhiver
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Going to look into discounted rates this week for BCI and a few other places. For campers, the YMCA in Nashville is free the first Saturday of the month if you need a shower.

23skidoo
01-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I'll be making my first trip there, unless there's some sort of dramatic, divine intervention. I will camp, more than likely. I'd rather sleep in a tent or a bivy any day.

Pippin
01-20-2012, 09:37 PM
My wife and I had hoped to be there last year and due to last-minute issues with a virus and limited time, we were not able to make it. This year, we hope to make it there and bring the new video equipment that we are now using for marketing videos. With the new gear, the video quality is excellent.

Dominator
01-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Hope you can make it this year Mickey. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

hoosierhiver
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Just spoke to the manager of the Brown County Inn, he is very excited about working up a good package deal for UWC'ers. More info coming soon.

ukeeku
01-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I will be brining my 14 (Sleeps 8 comfortably) person tent this year and camping at the field. I figure I will take in homeless (i.e. Drunk/tent issue) people and holding stuff. see yall there.

Mim
01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
This year I am 95% sure I am going, but if i definately say I am going something will go wrong. So I will bring my ugly green cargo van with the light bar on top and sleep in the back of it. I am telling you, this is one hot van. Its dry rotted bumper and lime green paint will make it easy to spot in the dark! Ha!

ukeeku
01-25-2012, 10:10 AM
This year I am 95% sure I am going, but if i definately say I am going something will go wrong. So I will bring my ugly green cargo van with the light bar on top and sleep in the back of it. I am telling you, this is one hot van. Its dry rotted bumper and lime green paint will make it easy to spot in the dark! Ha!

Mim Will be sleeping in her van, Down By The River!!

OldePhart
01-25-2012, 11:55 AM

Heh, heh. I've figured out a way to build a "bunk" in my Kia Sportage by putting all the seats but the driver's down and putting in a plywood "bridge" from front to back to put an air mattress and bedroll on. Luxurious, I tell, ya, luxurious!

Last year I stayed at the Green Mountain Inn just up the road from BCI. Small but clean room, nice people and not too terribly expensive, but I think I'm going to have to be more "fiscally responsible" this year... Besides, I kind of like the idea of hanging out til dawn then collapsing by the creek and sleeping 'til the heat wakes me. LOL

BBQUKER
01-25-2012, 01:37 PM
I want to go and probably will. Camping sounds good to me. Probably either a pop-up trailer or my tent. Can I have a very quiet generator? Would be happy to share with neighbor campers. Plus I will probably bring my smoker for some pulled pork sammys (or ribs or chicken or ???).

Dan

OldePhart
01-25-2012, 04:51 PM
I want to go and probably will. Camping sounds good to me. Probably either a pop-up trailer or my tent. Can I have a very quiet generator? Would be happy to share with neighbor campers. Plus I will probably bring my smoker for some pulled pork sammys (or ribs or chicken or ???).

Dan

Hey, anybody with a name like BBQUKER is welcome to camp next to me! :drool:

Mim
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Mim Will be sleeping in her van, Down By The River!!

Yes! I need to get there early so I can be by the river just to use that line.

itsscottwilder
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Wife and I are coming and we would like to be included in the package rate.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

hoosierhiver
01-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Here's the 2012 package deal offered by Brown County Inn

http://www.browncountyinn.com/content/uwc-2012