UWC 2012 - Lodging

Dominator

Reaction score
Last year there were a number of people who stayed at the Brown County Inn during UWC. I’d like to get a feel for how many people are considering staying at the BCI again this year. If there are enough of us then it may be possible to get some sort of discounted rate. Mike is going to look into it when he gets back from NAMM. I thought I would try to get started on gathering him some data to decide whether it is feasible or not.

So please post here if you are considering the BCI for your UWC accommodations.
Thanks,

If I get to go...It'll be BCI again. I'd rather camp or cabin but cabins are too expensive and camping is hot and I have sleep apnea so not the most restful:)

I know a bunch of people are shacking up in the cabins. It gets pretty crazy too.

Wow, you folks are way ahead of me. If I go I'll be a first timer so how do those options stack up, cabins vs. motel? Is camping possible? How many folks are going from the Atlanta area? TIA, g2

Wow, you folks are way ahead of me. If I go I'll be a first timer so how do those options stack up, cabins vs. motel? Is camping possible? How many folks are going from the Atlanta area? TIA, g2

Gary there were 6 of us last year. I rode up with Dbeal, Hu, UkeRepublic. Jas came on his own and so did DeG. There is camping and it is pretty nice just hot.

The nice thing about the camping is that it is on site - last year I stayed in a motel, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do this year. I may camp if I have time to drive and make a week of it like I did last year. However, it looks like I'm going to be right in the middle of two critical projects around that time this year so I may have to fly in and rent a car, and in that case I'll definitely be staying in a motel.

I guess "hot" is relative, coming from a scorching Texas spring I thought it was actually pretty pleasant. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a tent during the heat of noonday, but in the evenings it was cool enough that long sleeve shirts were comfortable, though not necessary.

The camping is "primitive" (i.e. no hookups, showers, etc.) but there is a creek and a fair amount of shade. Camping on site has the advantage that you can stay up late with the die-hards and then stumble off to bed about sunrise, I suppose. :)

John

The nice thing about the camping is that it is on site - last year I stayed in a motel, I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do this year. I may camp if I have time to drive and make a week of it like I did last year. However, it looks like I'm going to be right in the middle of two critical projects around that time this year so I may have to fly in and rent a car, and in that case I'll definitely be staying in a motel.

I guess "hot" is relative, coming from a scorching Texas spring I thought it was actually pretty pleasant. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a tent during the heat of noonday, but in the evenings it was cool enough that long sleeve shirts were comfortable, though not necessary.

The camping is "primitive" (i.e. no hookups, showers, etc.) but there is a creek and a fair amount of shade. Camping on site has the advantage that you can stay up late with the die-hards and then stumble off to bed about sunrise, I suppose. :)

John

I'll trade your hot in Texas for my hot in Georgia any day of the week or month or year. LOL!!

I was going to say, if guy from Georgia says it's hot you'd better take notice. Thanks for the info John. g2

Camping

I'll be camping again this year. Most of the fun begins late, and driving somewhere was just not an option. Sleeping in till noon is the way to go. I'll be coming up on Thursday from Lexington KY in case anyone along the route wants a ride.

If the bride comes, we're either going to camp, rent a camper or go BCI.
If she doesn't, it'll be probably cabins. Lord knows I'll prolly be there 90% of the time I'm not at the field, anyway!
I'd LOVE to get a camper and hang at the field the whole time.
If we do, of course y'all're welcome to flop down and play some music.

Could ya bring some triangles? I hear Bermuda has the best!
If the bride comes, we're either going to camp, rent a camper or go BCI.
If she doesn't, it'll be probably cabins. Lord knows I'll prolly be there 90% of the time I'm not at the field, anyway!
I'd LOVE to get a camper and hang at the field the whole time.
If we do, of course y'all're welcome to flop down and play some music.

Top Bottom