Ukulele in the movies

kaizersoza

Reaction score
I was watching a remake of the film 'The Thing' tonight and there featured a scene in it where a couple of the scientists or whatever they were, playing the uke and having a bit of a party, i love seeing the uke in a film and was wondering apart from the obvious like george formby films, who out there in the UU has seen films featuring the uke, and had a pleasant surprise that the film featured one, i for one would love to find some films with ukuleles played in them, i'll start the ball rolling, recently i have seen 2 films featuring the uke 'Blue Valentine' with Ryan Gosling and the remake of 'The Thing' another one that springs to mind is 'The Jerk' hope you take part
i am looking forward to your posts thanx as always
kaizer :)

i echo Eugenes comment there Jane, great link and i've bought stanleys gig, also 2 great links there from Kanaka916 there are loads of films on those as well thanx to both Jane and Kanaka916 for takin the time, i bet there are more recent films as well considering the popularity of the uke, i had a really pleasant surprise last night when i watched 'The Thing'

yep, just love 'Stanley's Gig' too kaiser...maybe too it's because I've worked in nursing homes for a number of years and been able to play music to the folks there but it's such an off-beat, quirky and warm hearted film, really sweet

Jake in Just go with it , movie with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.

can't fault some of these uke films, great to have the older threads, but this thread is doing what i intended and that is also give us some of the more recent films featuring the uke

@Eugene, can't wait to get the film m8, looks like a really good story, i'm sure a lot of the guys on UU could associate themselves with it, i bet the residents of the nursing home had a ball when you were on shift Eugene, you are one hell of a uke player, the uke club i have just joined have a monthly slot in a nursing home, can't wait to get involved m8 worthy thing to do for the community

Was there a uke in 50 First Dates, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore? Gotta be, no?

There was uke music, but I didn't spot a uke, in The Descendants with George Clooney (but he's such a lousy actor, it was hard not to keep watching his stilted facial expressions, so maybe there was a uke in there somewhere).

ha ha coolkayaker, i do agree clooney is more wooden than some of my solid ukuleles lol, looking forward to seeing the movie coz its set in Hawaii though

ha ha coolkayaker, i do agree clooney is more wooden than some of my solid ukuleles lol, looking forward to seeing the movie coz its set in Hawaii though

k, you'll like some of the Hawaii footage, but even then...it's not great. Nothing like Taimane's video on Waikiki beach, or Eddie's video--made by a fan--both linked here:

They made her lovely Waikiki beach stroll video "private", the rat finks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujz5hxAH51U

You made me laugh out loud!! Solid...I hope he humidifies that thing. lol Thanks, k.

Top Bottom