Dang! This dude has some chops!

OldePhart

Reaction score
That's Corey Fujimoto. Fairly young guy. He does some great tutorials where he slows things down so mere mortals can begin to learn how to play.

Those HMS dudes really can play the hell out of these things. Love watching their vids.

Thanks, I'm going to have to search those videos out. Until I saw that video I thought I'd finally achieved reasonable competance on triplets. :)

Corey, I don't know if you hang out here at UU but man, if you see this know my hat is off to you, for sure!

John

Great reminder that, for all we obsess over this uke or that uke, at the end of the day it's the player who makes the difference. Great playing will make an average uke sound spectacular.

Right, Drew Bear... if it would, I'd go without groceries to buy a Kamaka...

Thanks, John, for the video link. Corey is, in fact, wonderful.

I had no idea the young man on your videos was this same young fellow: absolutely impeccable Rainbow. Stunning. Love Iz, but man, this Corey's Rainbow is mind-boggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLNdSZk_R4

And I have to say, hearing all those inexpensive ukes, the spruce top is hard to beat. I just got a cheap Stagg U60-S, plopped on some Worth Clears, and it sings! Solid spruce top, laminate mahogany sides (like the Kala soprano in the video test link you gave, John).

Last edited:
...Corey's Rainbow is mind-boggling.
Just saw that vid last night. Anyone tempted to get a Kanile'a guitalele? Corey, like Aldrine, also plays guitar. Watch these two vids one after the other and focus on the tonal differences.

Top Bottom