New Uke Tune - Sabor A Mi - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
On my recent trip to Spain I had the opportunity to listen to many types of music. In the South I heard and enjoyed much Flamenco music. Unfortunately I also heard 'Sweet Home Alabama' on the radio at least 10 times. That kind of put a damper on my touring of a 1000 year old cathedral :confused: .

While travelling in the North (the Asturias region) my friend from Oviedo gave me some music by the group "Trio Los Ponchos". This trio recorded much in the early 1960's. Here is my version of one of their big hits.

I recorded this yesterday - four instruments total - My Talsma tenor uke, a Taylor 714ce guitar, a 1947 Rickenbacker Bakelite steel and Band In A Box bass. All the 'live' instruments recorded with a Audio-Technica Pro-37 condenser mic.

Sabor A Mi

This is lovely! I was really inspired by your take on The Peanut Vendor, on the Bosko and Honey Ukulele Safari, and I actually asked a question about it this morning in the Tips and Techniques forum. Any chance you might answer it?

Interestingly, listening to some of your stuff has also inspired me to dig my lap steel out. I bought one years ago (perhaps 15 years?), a very cheap old 6 string (don't even remember the brand!), and got nowhere with it, but that was before the internet. I started trying in standard tuning, then got smart and tried open D and G, but still, never managed to sound like anything but an out of tune blues slide player. I'm gonna dig it out, string it up, tune to C6, and see how I get on. I'm sure I also need to be smart with amp settings though.....

Gerald, by any chance, did you tab it out?

beautiful! sounds so relaxing and smooth!

Gerald: I'm listening to your song here at work. Very nice. I first heard you this summer in Annapolis and have enjoyed your music. Glad you joined our U U family!

Top Bottom