Martin 0 - 1920's - $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmoney

Reaction score
Whew! That was close!! Item no longer for sale! After stringing her up & playing for awhile, I came to my senses & no longer wish to sell this little beauty. I want to be the one to celebrate her 100th birthday along with my own in just a few more years.

I'm crazy, I know, but I'm selling my vintage 1920's Martin 0. I have a new Mya-Moe coming about a month, just bought my Donaldson Vintage-S & this classic uke isn't getting the love it deserves. I've listed it on eBay for a 3-day sale, but would much prefer to sell it to a UU'er. My asking price is $500.00, though my eBay listing starts at $300.00 - hoping to bring much more.

eBay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330674889427

This one was most probably made between 1924 - 1926 as it still has wooden tuning pegs [Ebony bridge was introduced in 1924 & Patent pegs (metal friction tuners) were introduced in 1927].

There are 3 stable tight cracks on the back but they are not "through" - you can not see light through them when shining a flashlight into the body in a dark room. The bridge string slots are somewhat worn from constant string changes, but hold tune well with a small bead tied to the end of the string. The wooden pegs hold tune well, though they do take a bit of getting used to.

It was my intention to have a local luthier replace the bridge, but my local luthier moved to Michigan(!), so it's sat in it's case w/a humidifier waiting for him to set up his shop again.

Currently strung with new Martin 600 flourocarbon strings. I will also include an extra set of Martin 600 strings & a Protec MAX soprano case.

Shipping FREE in CONUS for UU purchaser.

WP_000412.jpgWP_000413.jpgWP_000414.jpgWP_000416.jpgWP_000415.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you came to your senses so I could come to mine. I was about to make you an offer. I already have 4 Martin Sopranos. Don't really need another. My favorite ukuleles, though.

Yeah, I'm glad you decided to keep it too. I think it would be hard to find another like it if you missed it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom