Ukulele Buying Obsession..

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
When does it come apparent....My excuse is that I am buying for my
imaginary ukulele store..Yes that is my excuse, but I don't sell too many...:):eek:

When you think to yourself, "Okay, after this uke I won't need another..." every time you get a uke. Then you find reasons to keep buying others.

I think if you have to ask this question, it's become as apparent as it ever will be.

Like right this minute... when there are 3, count 'em THREE, Moore Bettah ukes for sale on Chuck's website.

Hehe, I've been looking at those too. :D

I keep pricing up what it would cost MB to build me something that looks similar to a Martin 5k - current cost is approx. $2600, every cent of which I don't have!

When you're running out of storage space for them.....sounds familiar eh, Bruddah Stan. Maybe time to hang some on the walls to clear floor space,hehe. Need help?...........................BO..........................

I think buying/collecting ukes (or anything else) is only a problem if it adversely affects other parts of your life (financial, spouse-issues, etc.).

If you can't pay your mortgage/rent/car repair/grocery bill/go on vacation/... because of your uke collection, then it is definitely a problem.

I don't know a specific moment - but Stan, I think you're the poster child for the cause...

Like right this minute... when there are 3, count 'em THREE, Moore Bettah ukes for sale on Chuck's website.

And all 3 are gone!!! Lucky people!!!

Gee, Stan....

I thought that you were buying all those ukes so that if Fitncrafty or I ever came out for a visit, you were going to give them to us.... (g)

I'd settle for just making it out to Hawai'i again, and hearing you play.

-Kurt​

I was very fortunate today and able to purchase the soprano. :D
aawwwwwww...that was the one I was after Doc...just not quick enough. Congrats mate. you have a buyer here if it turns out to be crap...he he

Gee, Stan....

I thought that you were buying all those ukes so that if Fitncrafty or I ever came out for a visit, you were going to give them to us.... (g)

I'd settle for just making it out to Hawai'i again, and hearing you play.

-Kurt​
Actually . . . Stan stay gettin' all da ukes fo me and Bo. Wen we go ovah, we goin have one big pahty and plenne grindz. Den we goin have on big kanikapila wit all da braddahs and sistahs. Nuttin like Hawaiian kine jams, dancin, singin' and everybody havin one good time. Das how fo do it in da 808 . . .

I'm so glad you guys grabbed those beautiful ukes quickly, or ... I will break my words of "not buying any new uke" this year... and, it is just Jan, damn 11 more months to go! lol

Top Bottom