PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Buying Obsession..

mm stan
01-21-2012, 08:42 AM
When does it come apparent....My excuse is that I am buying for my
imaginary ukulele store..Yes that is my excuse, but I don't sell too many...:):o

dvep
01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
When you think to yourself, "Okay, after this uke I won't need another..." every time you get a uke. Then you find reasons to keep buying others.

PoiDog
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I think if you have to ask this question, it's become as apparent as it ever will be.

mketom
01-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Then you find reasons to keep buying others.

Like right this minute... when there are 3, count 'em THREE, Moore Bettah ukes for sale on Chuck's website.

byjimini
01-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Like right this minute... when there are 3, count 'em THREE, Moore Bettah ukes for sale on Chuck's website.

Hehe, I've been looking at those too. :D

I keep pricing up what it would cost MB to build me something that looks similar to a Martin 5k - current cost is approx. $2600, every cent of which I don't have!

808boy
01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
When you're running out of storage space for them.....sounds familiar eh, Bruddah Stan. Maybe time to hang some on the walls to clear floor space,hehe. Need help?...........................BO................ ..........

strumsilly
01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
well to justify buying any more, maybe you need to start selling some.

mm stan
01-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes Yes..Bo..more on the walls...then I have more space to buy more..that way friends can try different ukes
before buying at the store...ha ha

Doc_J
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I think buying/collecting ukes (or anything else) is only a problem if it adversely affects other parts of your life (financial, spouse-issues, etc.).

If you can't pay your mortgage/rent/car repair/grocery bill/go on vacation/... because of your uke collection, then it is definitely a problem.

bbycrts
01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't know a specific moment - but Stan, I think you're the poster child for the cause...

bbycrts
01-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Like right this minute... when there are 0, count 'em ZERO, Moore Bettah ukes for sale on Chuck's website.

Fixed it for you ;)

That didn't take long (never does!).

mketom
01-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks bbycrts.
So who got that nice soprano I lusted after?

uke4life
01-21-2012, 01:08 PM

And all 3 are gone!!! Lucky people!!!

Doc_J
01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks bbycrts.
So who got that nice soprano I lusted after?

I was very fortunate today and able to purchase the soprano. :D

ksiegel
01-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Gee, Stan....

I thought that you were buying all those ukes so that if Fitncrafty or I ever came out for a visit, you were going to give them to us.... (g)

I'd settle for just making it out to Hawai'i again, and hearing you play.

-Kurt

mketom
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Congrats! It's a beauty. You beat me to it but I was also fortunate today and got a sweet MB NSB tenor!

Hippie Dribble
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
aawwwwwww...that was the one I was after Doc...just not quick enough. Congrats mate. you have a buyer here if it turns out to be crap...he he

WhenDogsSing
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
We're all crazy and mad folks...!!! Hee! Hee! Hee!

Kanaka916
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Gee, Stan....

I thought that you were buying all those ukes so that if Fitncrafty or I ever came out for a visit, you were going to give them to us.... (g)

-Kurt
Actually . . . Stan stay gettin' all da ukes fo me and Bo. Wen we go ovah, we goin have one big pahty and plenne grindz. Den we goin have on big kanikapila wit all da braddahs and sistahs. Nuttin like Hawaiian kine jams, dancin, singin' and everybody havin one good time. Das how fo do it in da 808 . . .

foxfair
01-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm so glad you guys grabbed those beautiful ukes quickly, or ... I will break my words of "not buying any new uke" this year... and, it is just Jan, damn 11 more months to go! lol

Doc_J
01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats! It's a beauty. You beat me to it but I was also fortunate today and got a sweet MB NSB tenor!

Congrats to you too on the slotted NSB tenor. Anyone here on UU get the other two tenors?

@eugene: Hope the next MB soprano is yours.

Nickie
01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
A true junkie can always come up with a reason... and a method!

cahaya
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Never heard of him, but now that I've been to his web site, i can understand why some of you can't resist the temptation.

countrybumpkin
01-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Maybe when time for buy, I can visit you first, Stan.

mm stan
01-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Aloha Kurt, Danny and Country Bumpkin,

He He that would be a good Idea..and party...but I live in an apartment and da neighbors might complain..dey go all Hu hu he he even when our neighbors had family parties every weekend, the neighbors went pupule..(Crazy) even one called the cops.. that is city people for you...sad you know.. but you welcome to come, albeit small groups..ha ha You all welcome anytime...
As for a Chuck Moore, I wish he sees this and holds one fo me...my Bday was a couple days ago, maybe he get one real gud one stashed away for me....wish wish...I am making a fund
for um donation collections so I get a CMU home to me.. LOL...

Plainsong
01-22-2012, 12:11 AM
In our building, in a nice quiet neighborhood, they don't complain.. to a fault. Some drunky can start a 3am rave where the music is so loud that you wish he wasn't alone, because if it was a party he'd have to actually not be playing the "music" so loud. And if you call the cops they'll take an hour to turn up, so no one bothers.. And he's an executive type who lost his wife, kid, dog, job, but hey he can still bully the neighbors..

Thank goodness he's renting the place out now to normal people. But yeah, everyone makes snide comments about him, and we're the only ones to complain.

But at least the entire building either has dogs, or had dogs, or is pro-dog. That way if you have one that has things to say, no one is going to complain. In fact, there's a poor poodle who we call the Dodo Doggie. Very kind, gets along with Pixie.. well she flips out when they go to work. They even tried prozac. I was asking my husband if maybe the Dodo Doggie could spend the day with Pixie and I and he thought I was insane. Well, our neighbor is doing just that, got in there before I worked up the courage. So at least we're doggie friendly here. :)

dkcrown
01-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Never heard of him, but now that I've been to his web site, i can understand why some of you can't resist the temptation.

Aloha cahaya. Maybe you have heard of him before by one of his other names. The Grand Poohbah, The Big Kahoona, or le Grande Frommage. He will answer to any of those. :)

fitncrafty
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Gee, Stan....

-Kurt

Here here!!! :)
Amen!

mm stan
01-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Yes Jon, Dvep..and gang..
When you cannot walk in a room because you have ukes, there is some admittance of a problem..he he

myrnaukelele
01-22-2012, 04:35 AM
We're all crazy and mad folks...!!! Hee! Hee! Hee!
You got that right!
I was just surveying my walls to decide if I might have space to hang a few more...

blue_knight_usa
01-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Don't forget you have a ceiling too! And you can always put in a ceiling fan to hang 6 more one! ;-)

mm stan
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM
didn't the kamaka shop on king street do that..50 years ago...he he