Lil Rev interviews Ken Middleton

lozarkman

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed the thread somewhere, but I recently discovered the interview Lil Rev did with Ken Middleton. Very nice interview. Worth watching. Lozark I apologize if it has been posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7TgmRbmQY

Lozark, thanks so much for this. They were talking all about the style of music I love. Ken had some really interesting things to say and Lil Rev is a hero of mine...hit the jackpot here. Wonderful mate, cheers

I had been with Rev at the previous two festivals and while we were in Nova Scotia for the Ceilidh we talked quite a lot. We are both obviously interested in the same sort of music. So we found time to do an interview.

Rev is really enthusiastic about all kinds of traditional and folk music. We played St Anne's Reel together, me on ukulele, him on harmonica. In my opinion it sounded wonderful, but, as is often the case, is wasn't recorded. Pity.

By the way, Rev is a really great guy: easy-going, generous, funny, but very serious about his work.

Ken,

Could you have ever envisioned where the uke would take you?

Not really, Ron. A few years ago I was a retired school teacher (Music) doing work as a substitute teacher. And often hating it.

It all thanks to YouTube really. I started off with a guitar channel. It's this there - called ichthus888. I became much more interested in the ukulele. I had played it off and on for most of my life. I learned when everyone used D tuning. My review vids got me the job with Ohana and I have travelled all over the world in the last 3 or 4 years. I know and count as friends performers from all over the world. It is wonderful.

fabulous Ken, nice to hear the background to your uke work. Sounds like a dream and you have to go around pinching yourself. But it's happened for a reason brother, you are a seriously talented player and a great ambassador and so generous with the sharing of information, knowledge and skills learnt. I have favourited this interview on my channel and have already watched it through 3 times...love both you guys and what you do, shame the jam wasn't recorded, but there'll be another day for that... :)

Top Bottom