martin style 3. Did I Get a great deal or not?

gaspar

Reaction score
Hi there ukers!
I recently boughty what i believed is a martin style 3.
The seller didnt know much about the uke but he say that it was a vintange style 3 uke (3M is my guess) but also he say that It doesn't have any stamp inside sound hole.

Pics:
$(KGrHqV,!icE7BK7lU(HBPFH+GMiUQ~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqN,!okE63(r1M7FBPFH3f0Pcg~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqR,!gwE7PlR14WHBPFH9p8j+Q~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqR,!iwE8MSwwwegBPFH4w8HLg~~60_12.JPG

It will take 3 weeks to arrive to my home in BA, Argentina. Then i will post some better pics.

I paid $600 for it but it has a hairline crack on top. If this is an original martin 3M i think i paid almost nothing for it. If this is not a martin, i think it looks awesome anyway!

I sure looks like a 1940s Martin 3M. Crack or not, you got an unbelievable deal. I'm not sure, but it seems the bridge may have been replaced. As to the lack of a stamp, could be that the back was replaced as well. It should still sound fantastic and play like a dream. Congratulations!

I saw that auction too, but didn't look at it too closely until now. Yes. Even with the crack, you got a great deal. I paid over twice that much for mine, although mine's a bit older and doesn't have a crack. The crack can be repaired, and you'll have a wonderful ukulele. I love my Style 3!

I paid a lot more for mine than the two of you together paid for yours. I wish I had paid less for mine, but I don't regret buying it for a second. It's a phenomenal ukulele.

sounds like a great deal..wow congratulations...your pictures do not open up for me when I click on them..

Top Bottom