Baritone string sets without copper/silver plated strings?

Bao

Reaction score
I'm currently searching for new replacements for my baritone ukulele but I'm having trouble finding a set of strings which don't have those metal plated strings.

Does anyone know of any companies which sell all nylon strings? Doesn't have to be nylon but no wound strings atleast.

Worth makes does.

There aren't any Worth strings that I can buy online which ship to Australia unfortunately.

I've heard many good things about those south coast strings. I am rather confused about the shipping overseas thing though, do I have to buy more than one item ?

There aren't any Worth strings that I can buy online which ship to Australia unfortunately.

I've heard many good things about those south coast strings. I am rather confused about the shipping overseas thing though, do I have to buy more than one item ?

Have you tried Elderly Instruments in Lansing, Michigan? I believe they will ship Worth strings to Australia. Here is a link:

http://elderly.com/departments/ukulele

As far as South Coast and buying more than one item, you'll have to ask South Coast about that.

ellisguitars.com.au/worth.html

Hello all,

Thought I would take a quick break from my self-imposed exile from the Underground and post a reply on this one.

Hopefully it's not too confusing on the overseas shipments. Our shipping is always free - domestic or international (not bad - huh?). It's just that to absord the extra international postage we do require a 3 set order for international shipments - BUT, that's only after the initial order. First order goes w/ free shipping & no minimum. Sort of an "introductory special".

One note - we don't do the traditional linear (low 4th) G tuning (DGBE). Our Linear Ukulele set in for linear C tuning (GCEA). Our Heavy Gauge Ukulele set is for reentrant G tuning. Those tunings are both for the 20" scale of a Baritone - you can put them on other sizes for other tunings - and neither has wound strings.

We ship overseas every week - Australians especially seem to like us.

As some of you may know, thanks to CITES & Lacey, we're in the midst of redoing all our woods (and wood inventories) for our ukuleles and guitars. We're now in the final stages and will begin building again soon. In the interim, I've promised the family that I'll devote every bit of energy to wrapping up the last of the Hurricane Katrina issues here at the homestead.

I still keep up on y'all and will be back on the forum in a few more months.

Lunch over - back to work!

Last edited:
Just take care of business first . . . we'll be here when all is done. Malama Pono, Dirk!

Top Bottom