Socal shows

Howlie Boy

Reaction score
Does any one know if there are any places around the longbeach or orange county california area that does shows? I would love to go to one but so far all the shows posted on here are in fiji, hawaii.... its alittle hard to drive there. lol thanks alot.

-Howlie boy

Check out eVocal in Costa Mesa -- it MIGHT be what you're after -- http://www.myspace.com/evocal See their 'About Me' and calendar -- or just call them, really friendly staff -- Aussie folks as I recall.

Lots of open mic stuff, wide variety of styles -- small-to-medium size place, I've been there for a few shows and some drumming events -- cool place.

Another thought, if you're after more the hawaiian traditional stuff, call Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach and talk to Shirley. She can likely point you in the right direction (pretty sure her store has a web presence as well -- her store sells ukes and hosts a couple of strummers groups)

have fun!

check out polynesian underground's myspace for mostly southern california shows! mana (the main man) does a great job of flying out artists from the islands and bringing them here to socal. just last month he brought fiji for the american 7's rugby tournament after party! he's also been promoting bands like SDIB and Island Irie (those of you in hawaii, i think Island Irie will be there next month doing gigs). you're bound to find a show near you here in socal! :D

this might be a little off topic, and I apologize, but Howlie Boy.. you got the best name ever lol

Top Bottom