How often do you practice?

Jimmy

Reaction score
My friends (a lot of them play guitar) and I were discussing how much we practice. I said I try to get maybe an hour or so every day. One of my friend said she practices half an hour every other day, and another of my friend said he liked to practice 2 or 3 hours every day.

My question is how often do you practice? And do you think it's enough?

Depends on your definition of "practice." XD I have the uke on my lap a few hours a day, and usually I noodle on it while watching TV. But as for real, serious practicing...maybe a half hour a day.

Yeah, I always sit with my uke in hand at the computer. I don't always play it, but it's very comforting, you know? But if that counts I easily clock up an extra two hours or so :p

Everyday when I can, by myself, just picking. It's not at any particular set time. Only when I'm free. It can be early morning, lunch time, and in the evenings. It all depends.

Tuesday and friday evenings, I meet up with other uke players and jam from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. But when we do play, it's through a set of songs.

I have been practicing everyday for a couple of hours. The minutes just pass by, especially if I'm really mad at a song. :p I usually go through some scales and chords, and then get to practicing the current song.

I get 1 to 2 hours a night about 5 days a week. Trying to learn as much as I can. Its like an addiction!! I learn a new riff or song every other night.

I do about an hour a day, six days a week.

Normally about a couple hours of noodling at work then about 2-3hrs a night and about 4-5hrs on weekends.

I probably clock up to around 4-5 hours mon-thu. Something along the lines of 6 hours on Friday and maybe like...2 hours a day on the weekends. Seems a lot but I just sold all my harmonicas, my drumset is trashed, and it's hard to keep volume control on a guitar(since most of my string instrument stuff is done at night).

Unfortunately, I probably spend more time reading UU than practicing the ukulele. :(

btw, im in need of new motivation.... any suggestions? i need something that will MOTIVATE me to practise again... lately i havent been feeling well therefore my lack of time practising is not that great!

btw, im in need of new motivation.... any suggestions? i need something that will MOTIVATE me to practise again... lately i havent been feeling well therefore my lack of time practising is not that great!

think that you are one of the few good ukulele players in Australia... everybody on this forum whose from aussie (yes i checked u all out) r really good :D

not many of uz either...

*note.. not saying i am good.

think that you are one of the few good ukulele players in Australia... everybody on this forum whose from aussie (yes i checked u all out) r really good :D

not many of uz either...

*note.. not saying i am good.

OH please mattt!
haha
u made me chuckle there. love your dragon to bits too!
not good mate... always room for improvement but havent been practising in ages.. im really rusty now.
but this week for sure, imma blaze it up and rip it up aussie styles.
(watever that means..) :uhoh:

How can you look at your custom and not want to play? That thing is like a fine woman, every time you see her, you just have to make some sweet as music with her.

btw, im in need of new motivation.... any suggestions? i need something that will MOTIVATE me to practise again... lately

If you don't want to practice, then don't practice. Just play.

JJ

Top Bottom