Sh*t Ukulele Players Say

Starby

Reaction score
So you know this whole, Sh*t _______ Say phenomenon that is sweeping the web?

No? This video started it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yLGIH7W9Y and hundreds of similar videos have cropped up all over commenting on the notorious (and sometimes un PC and stereotypical) habits of specific groups of people.

I was laughing at the Sh*t Brides say version and wondered if there was a ukulele player version (I figured there would be as I've seen just about everything else).

Alas! There is no such video!

So that got me wondering if anyone (everyone) would be interested in collaborating to make a UU version of the meme. We could compile a list of common ukester sayings and then film ourselves saying them and get them to one person to combine them (I could put them together if no one else wants to) I think it would be pretty amusing.

Thoughts?

Sounds like fun, I'm in if I can think of stuff we all say...Oh! I know "I don't have UAS, I just need one more Ukulele" or "I'm done with Ukulele buying after this one more" and stuff like that?

Sounds like a great project! Count me in if you need me!

How about, "Ooh a party? I know they'll need a uke player there!"

"I'm yo-oh-oh-oh-urs...God, I hate that song."

No.. It's NOT a toy..

oh spelling? I think the correct spelling is U K U L I L I, or may be not. I'm not sure. But I think I'm right.

Something I said to my husband last night when he was adding a bass track to my ongoing recording. He questioned my ability to stick to a tempo, and asked me to turn on the metronome. I couldn't dial it in exactly, so I said the metronome was off, not me. ;)

That's what I get for laying in the first track as a strum track with a chorus so heavy it's nearly phasing, and not using a metronome to do it. Oops.

'Ukuleles are for guys who don't need a guitar to compensate for their shortcomings.

LOVE it! I'm glad this didn't just seem like a good idea when I thought of it at 3am. haha... SO YES! Let's continue to compile the list! Once we get enough to fill about a minute and a half I'll compile them in a giant list and we can divvy up the video making!

More ideas:

~Someone doing a worshipful gesture saying "JAKE!"
~Maybe a series of people playing each string and saying the mnemonic device you use to remember each string - (ex. George Clooney Eats Acorns )
~"Yes, I've heard of Julia Nunes..."

I'm sure we'll come up with many brilliant things... keep em' coming!

Top Bottom