Did you ever heard of this tuning?

fernandogardinali

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlwfq5A1skg

This guy is quite a character. I tried to figure out part that he starts singing "ukulele ukulele ukulele ukulele ukulele ukulele!" looking at his hands and I seen that the don't play the usual ukulele chords, then I opened the description and I saw that he uses this tuning "F# B E G#"

i play it on an ukulele tuned F# B E G#
it's like the middle four strings on a guitar. when i say i'm playing a C and a G i'm actually referring to the shapes. in reality he chords are A and E ...

That is a dropped tuning...I have a uke at F# B D# G# it will sound more richer and a slower tempo..good for my poor voice...Vivo Crivar
to be exact my tuning is..F#-10, B+10, D#-10, G#-20

That's an interesting tuning. At first it looked like it was simply tuned down a half step, then I noticed that the second string was still E natural. That changes the open tuning from Am7 (C6) to B+9. I bet that works well for slide... In any case, it changes the open tuning from a minor to major.

John

Edited to add: Oh, yeah! Rocky Leon - that fella is a character, I've seen some of his vids before. Gotta say it looks like he's found a way to enjoy life... LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom