Review: KA-SMHCE-C Concert Cutaway

Nickie

Reaction score
Having owned this instrument for about two months should qualify me to review it.
When I got it, I thought the neck was too thick for me, and I hurt my thumb by pinching a nerve in it every time I fretted. (It made me fret, doubly).
Then I learned how to hold my left more correctly by watching videos on YouTube. Now that I have learned to drop my wrist, it doesn't hurt when I play anymore. I do need to center the nut a little better, when I feel like putting it down for a few hours!
The little bugger is loud, almost as loud as my Cordoba concert laminate. And the intonation is better, quite good in fact. The Aquila strings make a good match for it. The action is perfect, for me.
The electrics are pretty good, but I don't think the amp I have is loud enough, it was made for a bass guitar.
I like the enclosed tuners, a little weighty, but pretty accurate. The only bling it has, the faux tortoise shell binding, gets a lot of compliments from other players.
The setup by Mim is great.
I have fallen in love with it, to the point where I sold my Cordoba the other day, so I could quit wiping the dust off it...

Top Bottom