James Hill & Anne Davison (HI*Sessions videos)

Drew Bear

Reaction score
More excellent work from HI*Sessions!
http://www.youtube.com/user/hisessionsshow#p/c/BAA76076F7410378

The last vid below also features Aldrine! Cameo from UU's Aaron, who's usually behind the camera. Fast forward to the 2:15 mark to hear James talk about his DaSilva uke and how it takes him a while to warm up to a uke.

Last edited:
He's calling it the "James Hill" bevel cutaway option. Base price for a tenor is $1.5k. I wonder how much the cutaway option costs.
228-JHTenorCustom-1024.jpg

It's even more of a beauty in looks and in sound up close in person!!! I want!!!

He's calling it the "James Hill" bevel cutaway option.
Base price for a tenor is $1.5k. I wonder how much the cutaway option costs.

From Ukeeku.com's NAMM photos. $3400!

img_6351.jpg

I can barely get one hand to do the chords, while the other strums, and here's James Hill tapping both of his feet in rhythm! Awesome stuff!

Aldrine and James filmed Hi sessions on the same day, so Aldrine's videos will be up as soon as James' are done.

Is it just me, or did the recordings go a little too light on her cello?

No it was definitely too low on the cello. They seem to adjust it mid-way though.
I saw them play in Newcastle a couple of months ago, and of course James was amazing but I was really impressed by Anne too. Made me want to start playing the cello myself!

it was a bit low though i must say they were both great, looking forward to watching all the Hi*sessions vidz

Thanks for posting these! That's a really lovely rendition of "Assam/Like a Bird", which is my favorite track on Man with a Love Song. And I love that shirt James is rocking ;).

James is an amazing player, I was lucky enough to see him when he toured the Uk. Does anyone know what tuning he uses, is it standard?

Top Bottom