Simplified ragtime ukulele?

Kfostercma

Reaction score
Hi! New to music and to forum. I took up my very first instrument 3 months ago, and I seem to gravitate towards ragtime music. "Crazy G" is my favorite song to play. I have been looking for ragtime songs that I can play to build my skill, but many of them '12th Street Rag,' and 'The Entertainer' for instance are a bit much for me. Are there any ragtime songs with simplified chords/plucking?

Thanks!

Thank you! I will try it. As for my skill level, I can play some simple songs, but I still feel like a total newbie. That said, I am quite happy with the ukulele, it is a lot of fun to play!

As for my skill level, I can play some simple songs, but I still feel like a total newbie.
How are your tab reading skills? Seems to me most ragtime is fingerpicked, so reading tabs will really help you.

I mostly do strumming, which understandably puts me at a disadvantage when learning ragtime tunes. My instructor has assigned me some excercizes to help with this. They are a little frustrating but with hard work and discipline, I hope to become more proficient =D

Top Bottom