The Ukulele made it to ESPN

haolejohn

Reaction score
I know this is completely unfair and displays a really ugly prejudice in me, but I just can't be bothered with a band that uses the insipid alternating lowercase-capitalization spelling for their name. It's even more annoying that the horrid text-spelling that is plaguing the country.

That being said, the music is very cool. Reminds me a lot of the sort of stuff Peter Gabriel was trying to do with the World Music thing, and African / African-inspired bands like Johnny Clegg. I'll just ignore that gawdawfully stupid spelling and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
I know this is completely unfair and displays a really ugly prejudice in me, but I just can't be bothered with a band that uses the insipid alternating lowercase-capitalization spelling for their name. It's even more annoying that the horrid text-spelling that is plaguing the country.

That being said, the music is very cool. Reminds me a lot of the sort of stuff Peter Gabriel was trying to do with the World Music thing, and African / African-inspired bands like Johnny Clegg. I'll just ignore that gawdawfully stupid spelling and enjoy the ride.

I haven't heard it yet. I just happened to click the link b/c it was there.

I agree! It is annoying and distracting and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why so many young people think it is so cool.

I read a great business communications editorial on the state of inter-office communication today. Texting and online chat-speak has destroyed professionalism in the world of business writing.

Okay, I did click the link in the grantland article...somewhat to my regret...that's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. LOL

'Bout the only other thing I can say is after watching the "Real Live Flesh" video some people should not be allowed to use loopers... :)

Oh...wait...there is one other thing... I agree with others about the ridiculousness of aLtErNaTiNG cApS. However, in this case it might actually be appropriate...because the...uh...music evokes eXaCtLy ThAt KiNd Of ImAgE

John

Last edited:
I find the article slightly pretentious. Also, try not to rag so much on independent music, guys. Even if you don't like it, it's better than Jason Mraz or Justin Bieber. As a young person (I'm 19), I can assure that you that a good majority of people my age look down upon those who type like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom