Video for Julia Nune's "Stay Awake"

I'm totally a Julia nerd.

can't see it because GEMA, whoever he is, has not granted Germany the music rights. CURSES!

She's great, she's on Conan tonight.

I stumbled upon Julia just a couple of weeks ago on youtube. Watched all her videos over a period of a couple of days. Very entertaining, she's so charismatic. It's not even the music that sucks you in, just her personality. The performance on Conan was a bit shaky at first and they didn't have the uke turned up enough, but she did great. I wish Conan would've interviewed her for a little bit so people could have gotten a taste of her quirkiness.

She is wonderful - Her voice has gotten much better in the live gigs over the past couple of years (based on the videos - I haven't had the pleasure of seeing her in person - when she was going to college 30 miles from me, if she did any local shows, I didn't know about them.)

I like her covers, but the original songs are just getting better and better.

I did notice one thing though, as I was noodling on the uke while watching the video... it looks like she's using a guitar tuning on that Kala - The song seemed to be in D, and the finger positions matched the guitar positions for key of D.

Not that it matters - she's great regardless of the key.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom