Where's Kanile'a?

Amocat3

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with or spoken with Kanile'a recently. Since January 2nd I've sent emails and even called and spoke with a gentleman on the phone, and still they have not gotten back to me with a reply for a ukulele order. They could atleast reply and say were not taking orders. I was ready to spend a pretty penny, very dissappointed!

If you check some recent threads you will see that most uke dealers have been at the NAMM show in California the past week.

My impression is that very few Uke builders/retailers have the kind of manpower that say Fender and Gibson have. NAMM must be a massive undertaking. That being said. If you're in the sales business. It probably behooves you to make sure someone is picking up the phone and getting things done.

Both times I've emailed Kanile'a, Joe (founder & owner) replied promptly. I'm going to guess that 99% of the customer facing interactions are handled by Joe, Kristen (wife) and Bill (luthier & shop manager). All three were in So.Cal. for NAMM and are probably just getting back yesterday or today.

I can understand your frustration if you've been trying to contact them since Jan. 2nd. My general impression (after limited interaction with various uke-related companies in Hawaii) is that it's better to call and talk to someone. Voice messages and email probably get lower priority. Just my 2¢.

BTW, are you trying to place a custom order? If not, I think they usually just refer you to the network of ukulele retailers that carry their ukes.

Where's everyone...Yes Kanileas Joe Kristen and Bill are all returning today so no emails etc have been answered until today. Like the previous post mentioned...Most ukulele company's are small family run businesses and every once in awhile they need a break.

Thanks all, i never even thought about that. I've never heard of NAMM until i joined this forum a few weeks ago. Will check out all the NAMM posts on here to familiarize myself. Just excited to pull the trigger on a big "K" uke =-)

Hey MGM,

Still haven't heard from Kanile'a. You want to help me out and get an order in for me? Let me know =-)

Mahalo

Call me direct aloha mgm

I am sitting at kanilea. Maybe your emails are not going thru. I checked your profile but cannot give her the email please you can also just call them. 808-234-2868

Thanks for yur Kokua MGM

I'll give them a call now.

Rod

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Kristen at Kanile'a and put in my order for my custom K-2 8 string Tenor. Woohoo! I opted for tortoise binding both front and back with zebra wood rosette inlay - Can't wait!!

Thanks for checking for me MGM. I will report back to everyone with pics and review. It will be about 5 month waiting time, but well worth it.

Top Bottom