PDA

View Full Version : Six Seasons of the Ukulele Contest starting Feb 5 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

chrimess
01-25-2012, 07:35 AM
To all,
New Year, New Contest!

This is to announce a contest that is hitting this forum in two weeks- so get the Superbowl out of the way, submit your videos for Ukeeku's Acoustic Challenge and get on your way! Here are the details:

• The contest is called “Six seasons of the Ukulele”
• There will be 6 weekly challenges, judged weekly by the charming Wolfybau, Mim and myself and some guest judges in writing and through YouTube (in the style of IDOL)
• Prizes awarded will be
o The Winner will be able to call themselves “Seasonist(a) of the Ukulele”
o Winner: Luna High Tide tenor with pickup- made of highly figured laminate Ovangkol (~African Rosewood)- this was my first uke that I have since sold but for the occasion acquired a brand new one(this contest is NOT sponsored by the company). Here is what one of the premier uke retailers has to say about it:

"Are you looking for:
* a great sounding tenor ukulele
* that is very easy to play
* with a good pickup system for playing live or recording
Well this is the Luna High Tide Tenor…. and Seriously! this has GOT to be one of the best tenor ukes to come out in the last few years. If you want to find a nice sounding tenor with a good pickup system, in this price range, this the one !
The Luna HTT has a great “voice”. A bit scooped in the mids with bright highs and warmth below. It has an awesome strumming sound and would make a great instrument for any singer, songwriter. The active EQ on their preamp lets you dial in just the right tone for stage or recording. On top of that- It looks great! ~ a sweet balance between the traditional look, and the creative design aspects Luna’s are known for. The abalone waves are cool touches that make it unique without being “too much”. It’s a nice contrast to the satin natural look of the Ovangkol wood body, Maple wood binding, and Rosewood fretboard."

o Many surprise runner-up prizes- some handmade stuff, some NAMM swag and anything we need to buy to make this worthwhile to you
o Whoever sticks with us, will get a souvenir prize
• In order to qualify for the overall ranking, you have to submit at least 4 out of 6 challenge entries- the more you enter the better your changes- exact scoring to follow
• How to enroll: send me a PM and you are in or place a post in this thread- in order to stress your sincerity we would like you to make a donation to your favourite charity and tell us about it, this is not mandatory, though.
• The challenges will be related to an event that happens during that particular week, eg “Madonna” for the week of the SuperBowl- don’t worry- it won’t be because 1) I do not want to give it away and 2) it is not 1985
• Challenge themes are announced on the UU thread every Saturday starting Feb 4th 2012 for 6 weeks and open the moment they are announced
• Weekly challenges close on the following Saturday midnight
• All times are Hawaiian- that is US Eastern -5 or German -11
• All video submissions must be single-take, no cuts, in YouTube and introduced with a spoken reference to that challenge
• The judging criteria are musicality, passion, originality and lots of “Je ne sais quoi”(that certain appeal you just cannot put your finger on)- video editing is of NO importance
• Anything that looks or sounds like a Uke is allowed (from sopranino or smaller to UBASS or bigger)
• This is a contest for soloists
• We want to hear you sing, but instrumentals certainly qualify
• No-one is being eliminated except for cheating (multitakes, lipsinking, etc)

Hope this all makes sense, pls give me a shout if you have questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Christian

ghardy
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a great contest! Just a quick question: what do you mean by "Whoever sticks with us, will get a souvenir prize"?

Hippie Dribble
01-25-2012, 01:25 PM
wow, quite something Christian. Sounds very intriguing and exciting...um...and very challenging he he. Count me in for sure! :)

chrimess
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi there.
Sorry about the confusion-submit entries to at least 4 of the challenges and you are considered a contestant and "you stuck with us".

Sounds like a great contest! Just a quick question: what do you mean by "Whoever sticks with us, will get a souvenir prize"?

CoLmes
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Awesome contest, I think the title for it is kinda off though. Uke Idol or something would have been fitting! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!!

itsscottwilder
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm in. Making a donation to kiva.org. Micro-finance. Help someone in a poor part of the world get a business going. Don't just help a single person. Help to build a self sustaining free market in a hurting part of the world.

glass
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
oh but of course I am in with a renewing of my surf rider membership to preserve oceans and beaches for all to enjoy since playing the ukulele and the beach are hand in hand! Can't wait to hear what these separate contests will be!!!!

OldePhart
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm in and I'll make a donation to the Tarrant County Food Bank.

Looks like fun. Why do I suspect some of these challenges are going to be...challenging! LOL

John

ukulefty
01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Sounds interesting! Very challenging, but interesting.

I will take the next two weeks to seriously consider entering, haha! :)

• We want to hear you sing

No..... You really don't..... lol

Sammybee
01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Sounds fun! Count me in most definitely, and I'll be donating to the human right campaign! Looking forward to the fun :0)

Starby
01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
@Chrimess - you know I'm in! My organization I'm donating to is the Village of Hope (http://www.thevillageofhope.com/) in Ghana, West Africa. I had the opportunity to work at the orphanage a couple years ago and this very Tuesday my husband and I got our plane tickets to go back! In place of a traditional honeymoon we're doing a service project that involves literacy and ukuleles! As I get the program organized I'm sure I'll be posting more info about it. I can't wait!

and as for the contest, I can't wait for that either! I love a reason to sing something a little different! Fun times ahead! Thanks!

chrimess
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Wow. You guys are all amazingly motivated and giving!

So, as an extra reward I had the back of the uke signed by the incredible Jake Shimabukuro tonight.

glass
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
That is awesome!

MattLindahl
01-28-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm really looking forward to this contest. I like having a quick deadline, and the idea that it changes every week. I made another loan through kiva.org- this one to Kenya. I thank hoosierhiver for starting the Ukulele Players United to Decrease World Suck Team to help make aware a great NPO.

23skidoo
01-28-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm in - made a donation to Park Pride (http://www.parkpride.org/), a group here in Atlanta that helps the civic powers that be improve our public spaces - a great organization. Looking forward to the challenges.....

uke4ia
01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm willing to give it a try. I mostly do single-take videos. Whether I can get one done a week depends a lot on my limited ability to get my family to stay quiet for long enough that I can do a few takes.

J-Peg
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in.
I'm donating to the Water Project. They drill wells in Africa and India to provide villages with clean drinking water.

nbliss
01-30-2012, 03:02 AM
count me in!

wolfybau
01-30-2012, 06:34 AM
that is awsome Christian!

I am going out for some more supplies today for uke wall hangers as runner up prizes for the contest. Winners can choose to receive them unfinished , varnished wood, or hand painted by me with your custom art suggestion or one of my designs.

here is a sample photo of a basic unfinished hanger, different shapes are available and if prefered by request I can make them all wood with pegs instead of the red hardware style holder. also wood buttons will be supplied to cover the screw holes.

here is an example of my artwork on a photo frame. this was before my disability, since my disability my art skill are not what they were, but I can still paint a nice basic design.

chrimess
01-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Beautiful. I wish I could enter this contest.

that is awsome Christian!

I am going out for some more supplies today for uke wall hangers as runner up prizes for the contest. Winners can choose to receive them unfinished , varnished wood, or hand painted by me with your custom art suggestion or one of my designs.

here is a sample photo of a basic unfinished hanger, different shapes are available and if prefered by request I can make them all wood with pegs instead of the red hardware style holder. also wood buttons will be supplied to cover the screw holes.

here is an example of my artwork on a photo frame. this was before my disability, since my disability my art skill are not what they were, but I can still paint a nice basic design.

wolfybau
01-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Beautiful. I wish I could enter this contest.

thank you!
lol I know what you mean, that Luna high tide is a beauty! haha Well I will make you a hanger too if you'd like as a thank you for all your generosity, work and effort with this contest :)

chrimess
01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
I would love that, we'll kick this off this weekend, y'all!

thank you!
lol I know what you mean, that Luna high tide is a beauty! haha Well I will make you a hanger too if you'd like as a thank you for all your generosity, work and effort with this contest :)

thunderflea
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I'd like to be part of this but am not sure I understand the "six seasons" part.

Is it really about seasons? Or more like about something that was in the news this week? Or?
Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, I have never entered a contest before.

chrimess
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi THunderflea,
there will be 6 weekly themed challenges that are related to that calendar week.

I'd like to be part of this but am not sure I understand the "six seasons" part.

Is it really about seasons? Or more like about something that was in the news this week? Or?
Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, I have never entered a contest before.

thunderflea
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Sounds interesting. Ok, I am in.

philpot
02-01-2012, 04:11 AM
I'm psyched for this.

chrimess
02-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Hi Gang.
Two more days until we announce the first challenge.

glass
02-02-2012, 04:09 AM
Hi Gang.
Two more days until we announce the first challenge.

Cant wait....

MattLindahl
02-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Likewise....

I'm psyched for this.

UkuleleGinge
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I'd love to be a part of this. :)

ukuleledaddy
02-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Can we start today? Pretty please?

glass
02-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Can we start today? Pretty please?

+1 today!!!

UncleElvis
02-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm in! I'm donating back at Kiva again and will be throwing more money as I make it.

Can't WAIT!

philpot
02-04-2012, 11:12 AM
HAPPEN ALREADY. -is impatient-

chrimess
02-04-2012, 12:58 PM
We are rolling- Good Luck, everyone!

http://youtu.be/2pHIZ3yGA5w

J-Peg
02-04-2012, 01:20 PM
w00t!

and so it begins...

philpot
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Two ideas already. Gonna decide and then churn this one out before somebody steals my thunder ;)

wolfybau
02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
good luck everyone! I'll be looking forward to viewing your submissions! :)

Hippie Dribble
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
awesome Mim, Christian and Alice...been looking forward to this

My only problem is that I've never heard of any of the nominees...off to do some research! :o seems my head is so far stuck back in the last 2 centuries he he. Will be lots and lots of fun!!! Cheers guys :)

Starby
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
YAY! I'm trapped at my in-laws with no uke until after the Superbowl tomorrow so I'll do the video when I get home! Very exciting for this most excellent time!

Starby
02-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh! I have a question! Can it be a medley? Or does it have to be a single song? I'm not trying to be a pain- I actually created a medley of songs by one of the grammy nominated artists a while ago but I've never done a video of it! This would be a good reason to sit down and actually do it, if it's allowed.If not, that's ok! I have other ideas too! haha Thanks!

ukuleledaddy
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Wow! Off we go.

QUESTION: In choosing a song for this weeks contest, say for instance that I wanted to cover a song on the Glee: The Music Vol. 4 album which is nominated, would that be ok? Or could I choose a song by Neil Diamond since his compilation The Bang Years is up for Best Album Notes (who even knew that was a category?). Sorry to get technical but I want to make sure I don't get disqualified.

chrimess
02-04-2012, 09:25 PM
...Medleys are perfectly acceptable...

Oh! I have a question! Can it be a medley? Or does it have to be a single song? I'm not trying to be a pain- I actually created a medley of songs by one of the grammy nominated artists a while ago but I've never done a video of it! This would be a good reason to sit down and actually do it, if it's allowed.If not, that's ok! I have other ideas too! haha Thanks!

chrimess
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
... The answers are Yes and Yes- this Challenge is very open ended...

Wow! Off we go.

QUESTION: In choosing a song for this weeks contest, say for instance that I wanted to cover a song on the Glee: The Music Vol. 4 album which is nominated, would that be ok? Or could I choose a song by Neil Diamond since his compilation The Bang Years is up for Best Album Notes (who even knew that was a category?). Sorry to get technical but I want to make sure I don't get disqualified.

glass
02-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Got a couple of songs just need to get it done!

J-Peg
02-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Sorry if I missed this in the rules (or if it's already been asked), but is there a limit on the number of entries we can submit?

chrimess
02-05-2012, 05:10 AM
...Joe, that would be one per weekly challenge, if you submit more, we will take the last one for judging...

Sorry if I missed this in the rules (or if it's already been asked), but is there a limit on the number of entries we can submit?

myrnaukelele
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Hope you don't penalize procrastinators~ I'm in. Just made an agricultural loan to an Armenian farmer through Kiva. Now off to check out Grammy nominees.

chrimess
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Hope you don't penalize procrastinators~ I'm in. Just made an agricultural loan to an Armenian farmer through Kiva. Now off to check out Grammy nominees.
Your timing is perfect, my friend- hop on.

ReaderMo
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
http://youtu.be/N4zHKR9B0Ro

glass
02-05-2012, 04:12 PM
http://youtu.be/N4zHKR9B0Ro

Nice job hopefully I will have chance tomorrow to record mine time will tell how it goes with my babies!

myrnaukelele
02-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Here's my entry for Week #1 - When you Wish Upon a Star.

http://youtu.be/jdVONMd2Q90

itsscottwilder
02-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Is there going to be a different thread for each week. Or is everything going to be in this thread?

chrimess
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi Scott,
we are going to have the same thread but a different playlist for each week's submissions on Youtube.

Is there going to be a different thread for each week. Or is everything going to be in this thread?

thunderflea
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I understand the concept of using one camera, no edits, solo performance.
Can that performance include a kazoo if it is being played by the solo performer at the same time as as the uke, with no overdubbing?

Or perhaps I should ask if you hate kazoos and don't recommend me using one.

chrimess
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
...kazoos, Ocarina, harmonicas and foot percussions when played live will be a good enrichment to the performance....

I understand the concept of using one camera, no edits, solo performance.
Can that performance include a kazoo if it is being played by the solo performer at the same time as as the uke, with no overdubbing?

Or perhaps I should ask if you hate kazoos and don't recommend me using one.

mattydee
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
...kazoos, Ocarina, harmonicas and foot percussions when played live will be a good enrichment to the performance....

I hope mouth trumpet is okay, too.

Here's this week's entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJONIGvTyHg

philpot
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
This is what happens with one take and a last second lyric change to make it less awkward. Hehe ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39nX5jNQdk&lc=2eje3VeZrGtAcfOyIMzCZSA2vzuHqZcnobz8v15M4kk&feature=inbox

OldePhart
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow, some good entries already - I think I've gotten as far as selecting the song I'm going to do... LOL

John

glass
02-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I got my song all I need is to record it maybe tomorrow today was crazy baby day!!!!

itsscottwilder
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
This is what happens with one take and a last second lyric change to make it less awkward. Hehe ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39nX5jNQdk&lc=2eje3VeZrGtAcfOyIMzCZSA2vzuHqZcnobz8v15M4kk&feature=inbox

I love this song. It's a natural for Uke. Great choice!

Starby
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
My entry. Enjoy! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9fsW5e7Sw&feature=youtu.be

Hippie Dribble
02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
great stuff everyone! Here's another for 'Grammy week' #1... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFT4vi6fDPs

edit: I'm sorry, I just re-read the comp rules and realised I omitted the spoken intro to the challenge. I wrote everything I should have said in the liner notes underneath...I'll get it right next time...oops :o

J-Peg
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Here's my Grammy week entry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816QaERnV3I&context=C33344c2ADOEgsToPDskKqMs4XiSK9RJJIVTBdno2Y

23skidoo
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
some great entries so far..... I should have something up by the end of the week - still working on being able to play it!

Ernie
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Great stuff up here! I just saw this thread today, and hope to jump in by the end of the week as well. Congrats to everyone who has contributed already!

glass
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR1X2R6l2eQ
Heres mine!!

OldePhart
02-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Here's my entry for week one. Actually, this is my fallback entry. There is another song I want to do but I don't know if I'll have time to learn it and I didn't want to miss the week entirely if I get too busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaTlH5AXFc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaTlH5AXFc&feature=youtu.be

BTW, I used some post-processing to cut the significant noise from fans and add just a dab of reverb. I hope that's legal - if not let me know and I can upload the raw footage but I have to warn you that my office is right next to the central air unit so the noise is pretty irritating.

John

UkuleleGinge
02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSWS2TsQ0A&list=UUXeDGkB3QO91O3jPZ8Cs4yg&index=1&feature=plcp

Week one: Check.
Love this competition! And the one take thing is kind of hilarious.

wolfybau
02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
wow these are all great! omg its going to be so hard judging this contest, what have I gotten myself into?? :rolleyes: haha :) keep em coming!

chrimess
02-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Hi ALice,
we'll be fine, at least it is going to come in weekly chunks....great stuff, indeed.look's like people's money is on Adele...

wow these are all great! omg its going to be so hard judging this contest, what have I gotten myself into?? :rolleyes: haha :) keep em coming!

itsscottwilder
02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5eWuPbTmw

nbliss
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5EfntoyLU&feature=g-upl&context=G26ae0e9AUAAAAAAAAAAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5EfntoyLU&feature=g-upl&context=G26ae0e9AUAAAAAAAAAA

uke4ia
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqskOQ3DqAA

I was trying to do Foster the People's "Helena Beat" but I couldn't get the lyrics straight. I needed a Plan B. Then I remembered that Steve Martin was nominated for Best Bluegrass Album... And everything became very clear.

wolfybau
02-08-2012, 11:50 PM
@nbliss that was a neat sound and beat you got out of that cajon , I didnt know they could sound like that, Im going to have to learn more about that instrument.

btw did anyone notice the ultraman ukulele video link too that one? :confused:

@ukeforia lol nice choice of songs :)

nbliss
02-09-2012, 02:34 AM
@nbliss that was a neat sound and beat you got out of that cajon , I didnt know they could sound like that, Im going to have to learn more about that instrument.

Thanks wolfybau, I just got that box about a month ago, not as versatile as say, a djembe, but way more comfortable to sit on. ;)

wolfybau
02-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks wolfybau, I just got that box about a month ago, not as versatile as say, a djembe, but way more comfortable to sit on. ;)

i love the sound of djembe. cant afford it though, but mabee I can find plans to build a cajon ;) and that is a good point you make, you can sit on it, very important for me! haha

23skidoo
02-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Really enjoying all the entries, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring, as well..... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYuzhgXeLQ

ukeeku
02-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Hope this counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eijpea7XMF4

ukuleledaddy
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
My entry for week one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptU_XTirbM&list=UUwOfmPtmH0q5v_XIFVIWYsA&index=1&feature=plcp

Starby
02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Scrolling down through this I was intrigued by the funny little glimpse we get of people's houses and cars. haha

and of course, awesome entries everyone! Fun time!

philpot
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Hope this counts.

That was fabulous sir. Absolute gold. Do we vote? I vote for this.

29moons
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi,
I would really like to be involved in this, it sounds great. I will put my entry up tomorrow (Friday) and research my donation too. I have a Kiva account so will probably submit something there. I hope that I'm not too late to sign up.

uke'd
02-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Ukulele Underground, I'm new here and this is my first post. Love the copmetition and the theme this week. I have picked Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People - Nominated for Best Live Performance. Very new at this video thing, hope the sound is OK.
Love all the other vids, good luck everyone.
Bryan

http://youtu.be/WVNe26Km-70

ukeeku
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Ukulele Underground, I'm new here and this is my first post. Love the copmetition and the theme this week. I have picked Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People - Nominated for Best Live Performance. Very new at this video thing, hope the sound is OK.
Love all the other vids, good luck everyone.
Bryan

http://youtu.be/WVNe26Km-70
Fixed it. you can embed the video into the post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVNe26Km-70

wee_ginga_yin
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Flying in the face of the organizer... that gets you extra points with me :-)

uke'd
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks Ukeeku, will get the hang of it soon.

itsscottwilder
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Flying in the face of the organizer... that gets you extra points with me :-)

Thanks :) I actually didn't love the original version of this song when I first heard it.

Then I heard a cover done by the a capella group The Backbeats that changed my mind.

Drove myself crazy trying to make the riff work on strings 1 & 2

Moved the riff to the 4th string and the whole song is easy as pie!!!

One of those A HA!!!! moments!

I was gonna hold up a sign that said "sellout" at the end of the video. But thought better not to :P

bobqrublic
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
It could have used more time but I'm all out of that so here's my entry for this week. I think I'm gonna need a better mic for this.

http://youtu.be/_CirQgo4dt4

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Fun! What a wild collection of performances. Great work, everyone! I went for a Best Reggae Album nominee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxObSM5n3VI&feature=youtu.be

ukuloonie
02-10-2012, 02:40 PM
This is my Entry I hope it Counts. Good luck Everybody.

http://youtu.be/YY3nG1II1Vg

29moons
02-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Here is my entry. I just found about the contest yesterday so I had to come up with this fast. I hope you enjoy and good luck to everyone.

http://youtu.be/I_kgnNb53qc

thesillydave
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
my entry for the six seasons of the ukulele
took me awhile! whew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laX5j9w9gN0&feature=youtu.be

have enjoyed all the entries! this will be a fun challenge/contest!

ukuleledaddy
02-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Here is my entry. I just found about the contest yesterday so I had to come up with this fast. I hope you enjoy and good luck to everyone.

Great choice and great entry! I actually did record a Neil Diamond song (The Boat I Row from the Bang Masters compilation) but I didn't feel I did it justice, so I went with the Steve Earle song (not that I did that song any justice!). I'm glad somebody did Neil Diamond!

uke4ia
02-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Thank you for the shout-out and congratulations for doing a Monkees song and still fitting this week's theme!

ukulele64
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Ok gang, here's my first time singing and playing uke for the world.
Already looking forward to next week's assigment!

http://youtu.be/9i0p2yQc-oA

chrimess
02-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Week 2: Valentines with a twist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uh3NNUUI_8

UkuleleAdventure
02-11-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wq8HTUc_2Y&context=C33f612eADOEgsToPDskLGXwlkr6eaNnCE5coKfTDG

Sorry for the terrible entry. It was really last minute. (I started practicing this song on Wednesday) This is so late, because I was hoping my Bluebird mic will be coming in the mail. Once the mic comes I will have some songs posted at ukuleleadventure.com Sorry if anyone else did this song. :(
I hope this is not to late...

philpot
02-11-2012, 04:57 PM
MAN this is gonna be tough. I can't really find that many songs, and the ones I have found seem out of reach. Very specific this week... hmmmm...

uke4ia
02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeep. On my first stab, in which I went through my vast music collection, I've got three songs that would definitely fit the theme. Three more that maybe would qualify, maybe wouldn't.

MattLindahl
02-11-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrF7lxMLHIk&feature=g-upl&context=G25ce4baAUAAAAAAAAAA

I think je ne sais quoi translates to "in a shed under harsh light", but I only possess a Latvian version of a French dictionary.

MattLindahl
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wq8HTUc_2Y&context=C33f612eADOEgsToPDskLGXwlkr6eaNnCE5coKfTDG

Sorry for the terrible entry. It was really last minute. (I started practicing this song on Wednesday) This is so late, because I was hoping my Bluebird mic will be coming in the mail. Once the mic comes I will have some songs posted at ukuleleadventure.com Sorry if anyone else did this song. :(
I hope this is not to late...

You should be proud of yourself! Fantastic entry...

Lola
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
As part of my new year's resolution to be more daring and spontaneous, I decided to enter at the last minute (or the last four hours, if I understood the rules correctly.) Now that I'm in there's an impetus to put more forethought into my next entry! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yzOcp42B4

chrimess
02-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Playlist for week 1, thank you so much, if I forgot one please let me know and I will a Coldplay song as my punishment.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03DEA71B86268469
Thanks all so much.

If you missed week 1, don't worry, we only score the best 4 out 6, so technically you only need 4 submissions!

chrimess
02-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Week 2: Valentines with a twist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uh3NNUUI_8

UPDATE: In case we need a tiebreaker, it will be the number of times the word LOVE appears in your song.

ReaderMo
02-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Excellent! Would "He Stopped Loving Her Today" qualify? It's doesn't contain "doesn't" or "don't", but the "stopped" certainly negates the love. Just want to make sure it's eligible before putting a video together.

Thanks!

mattydee
02-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Excellent! Would "He Stopped Loving Her Today" qualify? It's doesn't contain "doesn't" or "don't", but the "stopped" certainly negates the love. Just want to make sure it's eligible before putting a video together.

Thanks!

I have a similar question. What about a song title that unglorifies love by comparing it to something bad, but without words like don't or never? I have a few ideas that I could PM you with to see if they would pass muster.

chrimess
02-12-2012, 08:10 AM
you got it boys, that will work,e.g. "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi.

I have a similar question. What about a song title that unglorifies love by comparing it to something bad, but without words like don't or never? I have a few ideas that I could PM you with to see if they would pass muster.

uke4ia
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGIIiIsOeqA

This is my entry for the "Valentine with a Twist" challenge. This is "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc, a hit in the mid-'70s. I couldn't think of many songs to fit this theme, so I figured I'd better get hopping before someone else posted it. My next four choices were deep album cuts that probably no one but me has ever heard of. It came out okay, considering I hadn't listened to this song for decades until around midnight last night.

UkuleleAdventure
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Hope this counts.

Congrats. Your song just won a Grammy. You get bonus points. :)

OldePhart
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, I know which song I want to do for this week but I'm so slow I bet twenty of you buzzards are going to beat me to it... LOL

John

Starby
02-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Week 2! You Don't Love Me Anymore by (the American Treasure) Weird Al Yankovic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsuLDvawhQ&feature=youtu.be

uke4ia
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM

Yeah, Starby! A Weird Al song AND a Snorg Tee-shirt! Way to go. I was wondering if someone would do a Weird Al song for last week's challenge, he was nominated for best comedy album.

Starby
02-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Starby! A Weird Al song AND a Snorg Tee-shirt! Way to go. I was wondering if someone would do a Weird Al song for last week's challenge, he was nominated for best comedy album.

Haha- I love Weird Al with the fiery passion of a thousand suns! This is me meeting Al a couple summers ago. I grew up aspiring to make my own parodies someday, so when I finally met him it was so epic I started crying! Like a total spaz! But it was a beautiful moment. haha

Sorry for the off topic rant. It isn't often when I have a reason to share this picture with people. haha

uke4ia
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I completely understand. I've been a Weird Al fan since he was doing solo accordion songs on the Dr. Demento radio show in the early '80s.

uke'd
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
OK here is my kind of rushed effort. I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love With You - Tom Waits.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CjUdpJ4-p_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

uke'd
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
That didnt work, try this one. . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUdpJ4-p_E&feature=plcp&context=C3f0fd94UDOEgsToPDskK0wc7drNe99ZjcT3yzpqj1

wolfybau
02-12-2012, 08:05 PM
great videos guys!!

as far as Weird Al i have to say he used to be a huge favorite of mine, until I saw his 'Weasal stomping day' video. I have no respect for anyone who would make a joke out of animal abuse in such a horrible and offensive way. even though it is just claymaytion. Animal abuse , and animal crush videos is a cause Ive been an activist against, and this is like a cartoon version of that. totaly disgusting. And having had a weasal/ferret that I absolutely adored and literaly saved my life (from a black widow spider) I found it personal hurtful and offensive. It broke my heart to find a fave artist , whoes other lighthearted stuff used to cheer me up, would prduce somethign with such dispicable imagry. And to think he is writing childrens books now. I now totaly boycot him and encourage others to do the same. And may god have mercy on him and he wake up.

but not to worry, my own feelings about weird al will not be a bias or factor in judging the song performance.

myrnaukelele
02-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Here's my Entry for Week 2~

http://youtu.be/S8W7ovg7tvc

Ooooops~ I obviously wasn't paying attention when the rules for week two were announced. I heard the part about a twisted valentine but missed the bit about it having to have the word "Love" in the title. My bad. Back to the drawing board!

Hippie Dribble
02-12-2012, 10:49 PM
really nice you guys! here's another for week 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnwG5lLdJSA

chrimess
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
...Wow, looks like you guys want this challenge out of the way by Valentines... No worries, next week will be MUCH more demanding...

fitncrafty
02-13-2012, 12:38 AM

Great Job. I LOVE weird Al- I drive my family crazy with changing the lyrics to songs..

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 03:15 AM
great videos guys!!

as far as Weird Al i have to say he used to be a huge favorite of mine, until I saw his 'Weasal stomping day' video. I have no respect for anyone who would make a joke out of animal abuse in such a horrible and offensive way. even though it is just claymaytion. Animal abuse , and animal crush videos is a cause Ive been an activist against, and this is like a cartoon version of that. totaly disgusting. And having had a weasal/ferret that I absolutely adored and literaly saved my life (from a black widow spider) I found it personal hurtful and offensive. It broke my heart to find a fave artist , whoes other lighthearted stuff used to cheer me up, would prduce somethign with such dispicable imagry. And to think he is writing childrens books now. I now totaly boycot him and encourage others to do the same. And may god have mercy on him and he wake up.

but not to worry, my own feelings about weird al will not be a bias or factor in judging the song performance.

Yea, and not to hijack this thread, we should move Weird Al Bashing to another site.BUT, How bout his parody of THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE [THE CAT'S IN THE KETTLE] Totally insensitive to Chinese restaurants and CATS. luckily I prefer Japanese restaurants and dogs, or I would be really ticked at that one. Sorry I missed last weeks deadline. It took me too long to learn a song that I'd never heard . So this week I'm learning a new song I'd never heard before. I'm getting smarter though, much fewer lyrics and chords, in fact, only about a dozen words and 3 or 4 chords.gotta love Reggae. BUT I should get tons of extra points, 4 LOVE NEGATIVES JUST IN THE TITLE ALONE!!!!! stay tuned.

philpot
02-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Yea, and not to hijack this thread, we should move Weird Al Bashing to another site.BUT, How bout his parody of THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE [THE CAT'S IN THE KETTLE] Totally insensitive to Chinese restaurants and CATS. luckily I prefer Japanese restaurants and dog, or I would be really ticked at that one. Sorry I missed last weeks deadline. It took me too long to learn a song that I'd never heard . So this week I'm learning a new song I'd never heard before. I'm getting smarter though, much fewer lyrics and chords, in fact, only about a dozen words and 3 or 4 chords.gotta love Reggae. BUT I should get tons of extra points, 4 LOVE NEGATIVES JUST IN THE TITLE ALONE!!!!! stay tuned.

Just throwing out there that obviously weasel stomping day is in no way advocating animal abuse, anymore than the Night Santa Went Crazy is advocating bosses shooting up their business establishments. It's a parody song...

Also, Cat in the Kettle is NOT a Weird Al song. Here's a helpful list of parodies that are often attributed to Al that aren't by him. http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html

I think I've chosen my song. No promises that it will be good, but I'll try ;)

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 03:43 AM
wow, who wooda thought weird Al would rip off lyrics. I am SHOCKED.

philpot
02-13-2012, 03:49 AM
wow, who wooda thought weird Al would rip off lyrics. I am SHOCKED.

I'm sorry? What do you mean by ripping off? Those are songs people throw out and say they're by him when they aren't. You'll have to clarify. And it might be better to move this to PM if you want to discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of a parody artist further ^.^

chrimess
02-13-2012, 04:19 AM
See guys, it is all good, Good Old Al is all about controversy and this is what we have here, that is what it is all about.

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm sorry? What do you mean by ripping off? Those are songs people throw out and say they're by him when they aren't. You'll have to clarify. And it might be better to move this to PM if you want to discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of a parody artist further ^.^
I don't want to continue this. If I'm mistaken, I apologize. why don't you go after ultimate guitar .com. this is how they have the song listed:
Cat's in the Kettle
Words by Weird Al Yankovic music by Harry Chapin
You can see how I could have been misled. you can't believe everything you see in print. KUDOS to whoever wrote it.

peewee
02-13-2012, 05:06 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would love to see someone take on this mighty disco ballad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFAiPJhvI
please?

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 05:08 AM
ok. I'm getting this in early in the week so I don't miss the deadline again.. I hoping to get extra points because there are so many NO"S . I know it's not going to win on musicality so I need the extra points. this song needed a few more lyrics, so I threw a few more in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaQEUEL-48&context=C398324cADOEgsToPDskL5ptzsuKPrZfYn61dUIJQS

wolfybau
02-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Just throwing out there that obviously weasel stomping day is in no way advocating animal abuse, anymore than the Night Santa Went Crazy is advocating bosses shooting up their business establishments. It's a parody song...

Also, Cat in the Kettle is NOT a Weird Al song. Here's a helpful list of parodies that are often attributed to Al that aren't by him. http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html

I think I've chosen my song. No promises that it will be good, but I'll try ;)

Dark humor is one thing. My band uses a lot of it in our music. My bassist did a song called the 'murder suicide song' which was a sort of parody of violence on TV and commentary on other things. there is a gunfight parody in my video in the other contest. But this was different,its the way in which its done, it was just graphic with nothing redeeming about it. i dont want to see graphic , gory depictions of animal abuse with their guts comign out, any more than i want to see graphic depictions of people getting blown to bits, child abuse, nazi prison camps, or anything of that nature and have it called a parody etc. I'm all for humor if anyone is, but there is a respectful limit, and some 'humor' is just hurtful, sick and just not funny. Good comedians can be funny without resorting to some sort of 'shock value' to get attention. he could have simply had people chasing weasals and the weasals getting the upper hand on the people , roadrunner vs cyote style or something instead. But that is not the nature of this video at all. I expected much better of weird al. I was very disapointed. Sorry but this is my opinion nuff said.

good luck with your song and the contest.

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Dark humor is one thing. My band uses a lot of it in our music. My bassist did a song called the 'murder suicide song' which was a sort of parody of violence on TV and commentary on other things. there is a gunfight parody in my video in the other contest. But this was different,its the way in which its done, it was just graphic with nothing redeeming about it. i dont want to see graphic , gory depictions of animal abuse with their guts comign out, any more than i want to see graphic depictions of people getting blown to bits, child abuse, nazi prison camps, or anything of that nature and have it called a parody etc. I'm all for humor if anyone is, but there is a respectful limit, and some 'humor' is just hurtful, sick and just not funny. Good comedians can be funny without resorting to some sort of 'shock value' to get attention. he could have simply had people chasing weasals and the weasals getting the upper hand on the people , roadrunner vs cyote style or something instead. But that is not the nature of this video at all. I expected much better of weird al. I was very disapointed. Sorry but this is my opinion nuff said.

good luck with your song and the contest.

OK, I watched this and didn't think it was too funny. I guess his 'message' is people do awful things [like cutting Christmas trees] , just kidding, and because it's tradition we[society] thinks it's fine. IMHO this was not his finest work , maybe he didn't even write it? .let's get back to uking it up. my entry is in. I learned and recorded the song before breakfast, one take , no worries. If I can do it and make a fool of myself, anyone can. no excuses.

UncleElvis
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
ok. I'm getting this in early in the week so I don't miss the deadline again.. I hoping to get extra points because there are so many NO"S . I know it's not going to win on musicality so I need the extra points. this song needed a few more lyrics, so I threw a few more in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaQEUEL-48&context=C398324cADOEgsToPDskL5ptzsuKPrZfYn61dUIJQS

You're a mental case. I love it! Well done!

ashkelelee
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi guys!! Am I too late to join??
If not then please count me in!!!

ashkelelee
02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
i'm new to UU forums and don't really understand the contest, i've figured out that this week we must do an anti love song with love in the title? but i can't seem to find the rules and regulations anywhere and am a bit confuddled. hope someone can help.

xx

strumsilly
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
go to the first post on this thread.

chrimess
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Come along- mimimum 4 week participation is required.

Hi guys!! Am I too late to join??
If not then please count me in!!!

ashkelelee
02-13-2012, 11:26 AM
thanks, i'm in. going to record my vid now!!

OldePhart
02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Great Job. I LOVE weird Al- I drive my family crazy with changing the lyrics to songs..

Yep, I knew somebody was going to beat me to that one! Now, just crossing my fingers that nobody beats me to my runner up. LOL

Good job Starby!

John

29moons
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Here is my entry for the second season of the Six Seasons Ukulele Contest. I had a few choices but I felt the names didn't comply with the contest rules. So here it is, "I Used To Love Her" by GNR.

http://youtu.be/0p88X-lwhAU

ashkelelee
02-13-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TshJvJpj6QUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TshJvJpj6QU

This is my entry, thanks xx

philpot
02-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Annnd looks like my only feasible idea was stolen... ;) Good cover of I Used To Love Her! xD I might have to sit this week out if I can't pull something together soon.

29moons
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Good cover of I Used To Love Her! xD I might have to sit this week out if I can't pull something together soon.

Thank you very much. I hope to see something from you this week.

ukuloonie
02-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey AshkeleLee
That sounded pretty good

Hippie Dribble
02-13-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TshJvJpj6QUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TshJvJpj6QU

This is my entry, thanks xx
totally awesome!!!!

wee_ginga_yin
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Being prescient I recorded this a few months ago in anticipation of this contest :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dDzoLYUX8

strumsilly
02-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Hey AshkeleLee
That sounded pretty good
yea, better than mine , but I used more no's.

29moons
02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
"Being prescient I recorded this a few months ago in anticipation of this contest :-)"

Great cover of a great song - Nicely done.

Hippie Dribble
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
happy valentine's day everybody! :love:

not for the contest, but this is a whimsical paean I wrote for the season a few years back on my guitar that I hope you might enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lJlsQEUS-g

UkuleleGinge
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
sickly struggles. I hope this counts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATmpKnHj3w&feature=g-upl&context=G26fcebfAUAAAAAAAAAA

uke4ia
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Annnd looks like my only feasible idea was stolen... ;) Good cover of I Used To Love Her! xD I might have to sit this week out if I can't pull something together soon.

I would throw out the names of some of the album cuts (non-singles) I found that would fit the theme, but Christian may prefer to see you squirm.

chrimess
02-14-2012, 11:08 AM
...If only I COUlD actually see him squirm, might want to put that on youtube as a bonus feature.

I would throw out the names of some of the album cuts (non-singles) I found that would fit the theme, but Christian may prefer to see you squirm.

myrnaukelele
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Take Two for Week Two...I didn't pay enough attention to the rules this week ~ my first twisted valentine song doesn't count.
This song has Love in the title. Also Never. As in I'll Never Fall In Love Again.

http://youtu.be/Qp5Vuox0hdI

philpot
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM
...If only I COUlD actually see him squirm, might want to put that on youtube as a bonus feature.

I feel so loved <3

glass
02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE22ileN5_c

Enjoy....

ukulele64
02-14-2012, 04:44 PM
http://youtu.be/ODTA1eJ7coQ

here's my tune for week 2
"I'm not in Love" by 10cc complete with the requisite whispered "big boys don't cry"

uke4ia
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Take Two for Week Two...I didn't pay enough attention to the rules this week ~ my first twisted valentine song doesn't count.
This song has Love in the title. Also Never. As in I'll Never Fall In Love Again.

http://youtu.be/Qp5Vuox0hdI

Good job. I was wondering if someone was going to do this song.

YeahRica
02-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Yikes! I missed week one, but will be joining now. I'd also like to donate to a charity--does anyone have suggestions?

chrimess
02-15-2012, 03:50 AM
My impressions of week 1- results coming up shortly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0I0n4Y_QI&feature=email

MattLindahl
02-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Erica- http://www.kiva.org/team/ukulele_players_united_to_decrease_world_suck

strumsilly
02-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Yikes! I missed week one, but will be joining now. I'd also like to donate to a charity--does anyone have suggestions?
my UAS fund. just kidding. I think Kiva is pretty cool, helping people help themselves.

wolfybau
02-15-2012, 04:05 AM

you have to enter 4 out of 6 weeks to qualify so you are ok :)

may I suggest this charity that fights against bear bile farms, a industry that commits unspeakable cruety to captive bears to produce this foul product, and selling it to unsuspecting people , calling it medicine:

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=N0VIFQ6PT92

sadly they are doing this to horses too, extracting urine and selling it as the estrogen replacement drug Premarin (Pregnant Mare urine). http://lcanimal.org/index.php/campaigns/other-issues/horses

Mim
02-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Thought for Week 1... wanted to keep it under 4 min... and here I go gabbing for 7... I did it in order of entries though so you can skip ahead if you want. My dog puked on my notebook last night (he is a twice rescued dog and is still adjusting and I think his stomach is messed up) so it was hard to read my own writing at times... haha! But... there ya go! Next week I promist to keep it under 4 min :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33KIloJlxDQ

philpot
02-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Would it be okay to do a song someone else has already done? I just don't want to commit a contest faux pas here, but I can only really pull of one song that fits the theme.

ukuloonie
02-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Thanks mim for your kind words they help figure out what to do to improve for this competition.
:)

mattydee
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Would it be okay to do a song someone else has already done? I just don't want to commit a contest faux pas here, but I can only really pull of one song that fits the theme.

Other people have already done that this round. I think you're ok.

ukuleledaddy
02-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Love Stinks for week 2. This is an old favorite of mine. I used to be a DJ at an ice skating rink through college. I played this song every year on Valentine's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6slDpX927LA&feature=g-upl&context=G2823284AUAAAAAAAAAA

mattydee
02-15-2012, 09:08 AM
An old favorite from the 80s. Tainted Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUcT5Z3OoQ

29moons
02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks Mim. I appreciate the critique. Being able to learn and grow from these videos is what learning is all about.

chrimess
02-15-2012, 10:01 AM
so, here are the top 10 for this week, I can assure you it was awfully close from top to bottom so, since we go by cumulative score rather than rank over the 6 week contest, nothing is even remotely decided, also, if you thought this was not your best shot, week one might be one of your scratch results.

Eugene, other than bragging rights, you win a wall hanger hand-made by wolfybau! Congrats and many thanks to all!

Rank contestant/criteria artist song
1 eugeneukulele steve earle sparkle and shine
2 starby lady gaga medley
3 onlyukethatmatters steven + damian marley up all night
4 nbliss brandon heats gimme your eyes
5 mattlindahl Jim Lauderdale what's on my mind
6 23skidoo gillian welch silver dagger
7 j-peg adele rolling in the deep
8 lola OK Go Needing/getting
9 ukeeku adele someone like you
10 iscottwilder coldplay every teardrop

mattydee
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats to all on the week one leader board!

so, here are the top 10 for this week, I can assure you it was awfully close from top to bottom so, since we go by cumulative score rather than rank over the 6 week contest, nothing is even remotely decided, also, if you thought this was not your best shot, week one might be one of your scratch results.

Eugene, other than bragging rights, you win a wall hanger hand-made by wolfybau! Congrats and many thanks to all!

Rank contestant/criteria artist song
1 eugeneukulele steve earle sparkle and shine
2 starby lady gaga medley
3 onlyukethatmatters steven + damian marley up all night
4 nbliss brandon heats gimme your eyes
5 mattlindahl Jim Lauderdale what's on my mind
6 23skidoo gillian welch silver dagger
7 j-peg adele rolling in the deep
8 lola OK Go Needing/getting
9 ukeeku adele someone like you
10 iscottwilder coldplay every teardrop

ukuleledaddy
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM
DOH! I just realized I have to disqualify myself! The puppet was clearly not included in one take. I forgot that rule. JUDGES: can I remove this video and replace it with a one take of the same song tomorrow? Not that I'm going to win but I like to play by the rules.

Love Stinks for week 2. This is an old favorite of mine. I used to be a DJ at an ice skating rink through college. I played this song every year on Valentine's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6slDpX927LA&feature=g-upl&context=G2823284AUAAAAAAAAAA

wolfybau
02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
i had a whole set of video ommnets recorded for last wekk but I was jsut downloading off my acamera it deleted them all instead :( Im just too ill right now to do them all over so sorry mabbe later or next week.

chrimess
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Phil, you are cool- no issues with going head-to-head.

UncleElvis
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM

BÂTARD! I was JUST about to record this when I checked the thread.

S'ok. I found another one in my iTunes playlist (by the way, folks, great way to find songs for this week! Type "Love" into the seach in your music library and you'll be able to select one with a negative in it. MUCH easier than trying to remember... especially if you're an idiot like me!)

ukuleledaddy
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
BÂTARD! I was JUST about to record this when I checked the thread.

S'ok. I found another one in my iTunes playlist (by the way, folks, great way to find songs for this week! Type "Love" into the seach in your music library and you'll be able to select one with a negative in it. MUCH easier than trying to remember... especially if you're an idiot like me!)

Ah ha ha ha. Ah Ha Ha Ha. AH HA HA HA! I am an evil genius (ok, just evil). I fretted all last night because I didn't have a chance to record it and was hoping nobody would beat me to it. Well, since I had to disqualify myself for doing a double track entry (GASP), go for it UncleElvis. I was thinking of doing it again in a single take and replacing this forbidden entry, but I'd love to hear somebody else do it too. I can choose a different song.

chrimess
02-15-2012, 04:15 PM
UD,seeing you cover SH just wants me to scream Night Ranger's Don't tell me you love me, my FAVOURITE song of all times.

Ah ha ha ha. Ah Ha Ha Ha. AH HA HA HA! I am an evil genius (ok, just evil). I fretted all last night because I didn't have a chance to record it and was hoping nobody would beat me to it. Well, since I had to disqualify myself for doing a double track entry (GASP), go for it UncleElvis. I was thinking of doing it again in a single take and replacing this forbidden entry, but I'd love to hear somebody else do it too. I can choose a different song.

uke4ia
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I found another one in my iTunes playlist (by the way, folks, great way to find songs for this week! Type "Love" into the seach in your music library and you'll be able to select one with a negative in it.

That's exactly what I did. Except that then I decided I liked the 10cc song more than the ones I had, so I bought it from the iTunes store.

uke4ia
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Are there playlists for the weekly challenges?

UncleElvis
02-15-2012, 05:58 PM

Nono! You go to! I wasn't happy with my version, so you saved me! *grin*

AND I found a song that I now love and WILL be putting in my setlist.

wee_ginga_yin
02-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Rather than suffer the wrath of Comrade Chrimess, I unreservedly withdraw my
entry for the 2nd week of the glorious peoples "six seasons" contest.
I have been remiss in not reading the rules and have been arrogant in making
a submission which used multi-tracking. Further I have gone head-to-head with
a fellow comrade which only invites bourgeoisie comparisons to be made.
Regretfully I have also submitted an old work and have been guilty of going
the way of the capitalistic running dogs and their lackeys, of taking the easy
route, and the path of least resistance, rather than the road that leads to a
hundred flowers blossoming.

In addition I admit to using the word prescient, suggesting I have cognitive
abilities above and beyond normal party members. I hope that this constructive
self-criticism, will guarantee rehabilitation, and I will endevour not to offend ever
again. By this act of contrition I hope I will not be expelled from the contest, and
would gladly accept a term in a forced labour camp, over execution.

Comrade Rob.

23skidoo
02-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Comrade Wee-

"From each uker according to his ability, to each uker according to his need"

wolfybau
02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I hope I will not be expelled from the contest, and

Comrade Rob.

fine , be at my place at 4 to serve me tea and give me a foot massage. :P

chrimess
02-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Rob,
we desperately need you in this endeavour!
Just like the Euro needs Finland!

Rather than suffer the wrath of Comrade Chrimess, I unreservedly withdraw my
entry for the 2nd week of the glorious peoples "six seasons" contest.
I have been remiss in not reading the rules and have been arrogant in making
a submission which used multi-tracking. Further I have gone head-to-head with
a fellow comrade which only invites bourgeoisie comparisons to be made.
Regretfully I have also submitted an old work and have been guilty of going
the way of the capitalistic running dogs and their lackeys, of taking the easy
route, and the path of least resistance, rather than the road that leads to a
hundred flowers blossoming.

In addition I admit to using the word prescient, suggesting I have cognitive
abilities above and beyond normal party members. I hope that this constructive
self-criticism, will guarantee rehabilitation, and I will endevour not to offend ever
again. By this act of contrition I hope I will not be expelled from the contest, and

Comrade Rob.

philpot
02-16-2012, 07:15 AM
My week two entry. The song felt lifeless without the solos, so I had to throw those in as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspDHxd7i_E&feature=plcp&context=C3a96711UDOEgsToPDskKTvUv3TLV9T8D6O8uibfUp

wee_ginga_yin
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
fine , be at my place at 4 to serve me tea and give me a foot massage. :P

Do you want scones, Cornish clotted cream, and strawberry jam with your tea?

29moons
02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
My week two entry. The song felt lifeless without the solos, so I had to throw those in as well.

Great version. I agree about the solos and was gonna do a second version of mine today with a kazoo. But, I don't want to step on toes. If I do I'll be very careful to stick to my version.

Again, great song. I really enjoyed it.

itsscottwilder
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I think it's already been posted that your most recent entry is your "official" one, so put up as many versions you want until you are satisfied IMO.

Speaking of satisfied, what week is the Richard Marx tribute week???? ;)

chrimess
02-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Hi Scott,
you are absolutely right, last entry per week counts. Would it be too revealing if I said that I have not heard from him since the 1988 tour with Tina Turner?

I think it's already been posted that your most recent entry is your "official" one, so put up as many versions you want until you are satisfied IMO.

29moons
02-16-2012, 09:05 AM

Thanks Scott. I'll work on it and get it turned in with a kazookulele that I have fabricated. I also am going to try this recording in a car thing. I'll skip the Richard Marx week and skip to the Michael Bolton/Celin Dion week.

chrimess
02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks Scott. I'll work on it and get it turned in with a kazookulele that I have fabricated. I also am going to try this recording in a car thing. I'll skip the Richard Marx week and skip to the Michael Bolton/Celin Dion week.

sorry, no MB, unless it's the one from "Office Space". And, no Swiss participants of the Eurovision contest are aloud, you must not have read the fine print.

uke4ia
02-16-2012, 09:24 AM
http://youtu.be/ODTA1eJ7coQ

here's my tune for week 2
"I'm not in Love" by 10cc complete with the requisite whispered "big boys don't cry"

You copycat!! :p I may not have done it bestest, but I did it firstest. See Page 11.

It's ironic that ukulele64 and I did little 5-minute, one-take versions of this song. On YouTube, I found this clip on unusual recording techniques 10cc used to record the original song. They spent weeks just recording vocal tracks.
10cc Making of "I'm Not in Love" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7oGenbp2I)

ukuleledaddy
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Here's my second attempt at Love Stinks for WEEK 2. I followed the rules this time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPU_lSzyj4&feature=g-upl&context=G2823284AUAAAAAAAAAA

Nono! You go to! I wasn't happy with my version, so you saved me! *grin*

AND I found a song that I now love and WILL be putting in my setlist.
Thanks Uncle Elvis. Although I would have loved to have seen your version, I'm glad I didn't have to learn another song. Looking forward to your entry.

UD,seeing you cover SH just wants me to scream Night Ranger's Don't tell me you love me, my FAVOURITE song of all times.
Yes, Don't Tell Me You Love Me is a fantastic song. I just don't have the time to learn it by the end of the week (hey, I have a life.)(cue laughter from my wife.)

chrimess
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Guys (that spells BOYS),
for next week we need you on your absolute best behaviour, would not want to scare off our guest judge!

ukulele64
02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I think you meant Uke copycat.....
Guilty as charged.
I'll check out your version. Wasn't aware that anyone did this one. Great song though. They should give us extra points for good taste.

You copycat!! :p I may not have done it bestest, but I did it firstest. See Page 11.

It's ironic that ukulele64 and I did little 5-minute, one-take versions of this song. On YouTube, I found this clip on unusual recording techniques 10cc used to record the original song. They spent weeks just recording vocal tracks.
10cc Making of "I'm Not in Love" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7oGenbp2I)

itsscottwilder
02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Here's my second attempt at Love Stinks for WEEK 2. I followed the rules this time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPU_lSzyj4&feature=g-upl&context=G2823284AUAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks Uncle Elvis. Although I would have loved to have seen your version, I'm glad I didn't have to learn another song. Looking forward to your entry.

Yes, Don't Tell Me You Love Me is a fantastic song. I just don't have the time to learn it by the end of the week (hey, I have a life.)(cue laughter from my wife.)

If your wife has time to laugh then she had time to operate the puppet!!! That would have been classic!!!

philpot
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Great version. I agree about the solos and was gonna do a second version of mine today with a kazoo. But, I don't want to step on toes. If I do I'll be very careful to stick to my version.

Again, great song. I really enjoyed it.

Hahaha yeahh, I was like "hmm, how can I pull this off..." ;) I had already picked out my take on it before you had posted yours, so I wasn't trying to cramp on your version! I loved yours as well, but I wanted to enter, and this was the only song I could pull off :P

wolfybau
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Do you want scones, Cornish clotted cream, and strawberry jam with your tea?

good god man do you want to make me so fat i cant chase you with a fly swatter? fresh strawberries please and no more of your evil tricks!

OldePhart
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Okay, here's my entry for week two.

This was the worst of four attempts - but it was also the funniest so I chose it instead of others where I actually didn't screw up and where my voice didn't sound like I was chewing gravel. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etO0hzze2bg

John

ukuleledaddy
02-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Here is my entry for the second season of the Six Seasons Ukulele Contest. I had a few choices but I felt the names didn't comply with the contest rules. So here it is, "I Used To Love Her" by GNR.

http://youtu.be/0p88X-lwhAU

Just getting a chance to watch some of the entries for this week. I love this take on Used To Love Her. Good stuff.

ukuleledaddy
02-16-2012, 05:30 PM
An old favorite from the 80s. Tainted Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUcT5Z3OoQ

Love this version. Great job!

29moons
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Just getting a chance to watch some of the entries for this week. I love this take on Used To Love Her. Good stuff.

Thanks man, I appreciate the shout out. I just finished my second version with kazookulele that I think I am going to post to replace this one. I think it's more interesting with a fun ending.

Both versions of your "Love Stinks" are great. I hope your uke was OK after the puppet bludgeoning. I'm glad you stuck with it.

thesillydave
02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
here's my week 2 entry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7IuUrilEU&feature=youtu.be

thanks !

ukuloonie
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Love the cool clothes and the tie pin SillyDave

J-Peg
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would love to see someone take on this mighty disco ballad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFAiPJhvI
please?

I don't do disco, but the song makes a pretty good acoustic ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFqmsLe2irw&feature=youtu.be

wee_ginga_yin
02-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Peoples republic Six seasons of the Ukulele challenge (Valentine week #2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaBZyfl_Vzw

itsscottwilder
02-17-2012, 04:35 AM
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDE1udXi6uc

ukuleledaveey
02-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Wow fantastic competition, respect to all of you who have entered, kicking myself, wish i had entered.
major respect to Chimmes, mim and wolfybau for all the work on your judging.
If i can be of any assistance at all ( no judging as i have only been playing for a year)
Anyway i have been following this great competition, great to see new faces and some of my fave players.

So big ukulele love to all those who are doing ukulele battle.

And i must finish by saying, and in a good way "I used to love her" by GnR, sounds like a completely different song on the uke, the tune is lovely and upbeat , which makes the lyrics so much more sinister, i love it, i gotta learn that. anyway good luck one and all , and although im not taking part im following this fervently (hope thats the right word)

itsscottwilder
02-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Wow fantastic competition, respect to all of you who have entered, kicking myself, wish i had entered.
major respect to Chimmes, mim and wolfybau for all the work on your judging.
If i can be of any assistance at all ( no judging as i have only been playing for a year)
Anyway i have been following this great competition, great to see new faces and some of my fave players.

So big ukulele love to all those who are doing ukulele battle.

And i must finish by saying, and in a good way "I used to love her" by GnR, sounds like a completely different song on the uke, the tune is lovely and upbeat , which makes the lyrics so much more sinister, i love it, i gotta learn that. anyway good luck one and all , and although im not taking part im following this fervently (hope thats the right word)

You still have time to enter. You only need to be entered in 4 of the 6 weeks!!!

ukuleledaveey
02-17-2012, 04:46 AM
I know, but with my limited playability and living in a block of flats where the walls are paper thin, i have a neighbour below who complains when my mobile phone rings, so kinda hard, but i know i could record in the car :), i shall just observe this competition, but i love the comps on this site, ukulele underground is so fantastic love our community on here :)

nbliss
02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f29fzSCTGf0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's my shot at round 2. Love Has Lost Again, Johnny Cash.

ukeeku
02-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Week 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9VlLjsPspc

bonesigh
02-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Just noticed this contest so I'm in and hopefully will record today. Great entries and great contest!

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 09:46 AM
I've actually done a video for this! Holy moley!

Of course, my iTouch crapped out and the batteries died as I was uploading to YouTube...
It'll be up in a bit, as soon as I can find a charger (not at home at the moment)

Sammi
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone I have just signed up to ukulele underground and found this contest. So many great videos!!!! Here's my attempt Ain't no cure for love- Leonard Cohen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pIsFiEVXuw&sns=em

MattLindahl
02-17-2012, 12:19 PM
I have a six month old who really wanted me to play with him instead of getting this one done, so it is what it is. No more super wordy Fiona Apple songs for me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xjLR7JuA8&feature=g-upl&context=G25ce4baAUAAAAAAAAAA

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Here's mine.

I FINALLY entered a contest! This is my first one.

I talk a good game, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUecFq7BvIo

ukuleledaddy
02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey everyone I have just signed up to ukulele underground and found this contest. So many great videos!!!! Here's my attempt Ain't no cure for love- Leonard Cohen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pIsFiEVXuw&sns=em

Damn! What a voice. That was great.

ukuleledaddy
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I have a six month old who really wanted me to play with him instead of getting this one done, so it is what it is. No more super wordy Fiona Apple songs for me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xjLR7JuA8&feature=g-upl&context=G25ce4baAUAAAAAAAAAA
Damn! That was great too! I am officially inspired to stretch myself further for next weeks contest!

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM

I'm glad someone else was as hyper as me at the beginning! *grin*
Nice job, brother.

itsscottwilder
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!!

29moons
02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Here's mine.

That was fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't notice the Mickey at first. I have to ask, are you running or hiding from someone? Cause that's what you looked like at the beginning. Also, when you move forward towards the camera you have a subliminal PacMan to the left of your head. Just saying.

Again, great playing. Looking forward to more.

MattLindahl
02-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Here's mine.

Yeah E! Great rendition and glad to see you in this contest- the freaky thing, Henry sat down next to me, and after watching the video for a minute said, "Mickey Mouse!"

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
That was fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't notice the Mickey at first. I have to ask, are you running or hiding from someone? Cause that's what you looked like at the beginning. Also, when you move forward towards the camera you have a subliminal PacMan to the left of your head. Just saying.

Again, great playing. Looking forward to more.

Honestly, I have no idea why I was so fidgety/paranoid looking! I was hyper 'cuz I wanted to try to get through the intro without messing it up (even though I did, but the whole "Peering around outside" was just weird!
I didn't notice the Pacman... I'll look and annotate it!

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah E! Great rendition and glad to see you in this contest- the freaky thing, Henry sat down next to me, and after watching the video for a minute said, "Mickey Mouse!"

See? FAMILY! I'm telling ya!

ukuleledaddy
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Here's mine.

Right on! I love Toots. Sorry about the Love Stinks thing (and thanks for the compliment). I'd still love to hear your version. I think I'll do my next video standing up, much more visually interesting. The way you were looking around at the beginning I almost expected a team of cops to bust through the door at the end and drag you away. That would have been awesome!

UncleElvis
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Right on! I love Toots. Sorry about the Love Stinks thing (and thanks for the compliment). I'd still love to hear your version. I think I'll do my next video standing up, much more visually interesting. The way you were looking around at the beginning I almost expected a team of cops to bust through the door at the end and drag you away. That would have been awesome!
Thanks! I hate sitting while I Play. I gotta dance!
I highly recommend it!

ReaderMo
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
http://youtu.be/rD6snUQU9GI

29moons
02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Here is my FINAL version of "I Used To love Her..." This one has mouth trumpet on it. The first was lackluster and rushed with bad sound quality. This one is just bad singing quality. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/2ve4NZqkXgw

ukuloonie
02-17-2012, 05:59 PM
This is my entry for week two. Bye Bye Love

http://youtu.be/k0QJR-nsfuI

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
02-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Fun theme this week, and the debut of my uke capo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5nkM_mkILg&feature=youtu.be

...and thanks to the Daily Ukulele for coming through with a song when my mind was blank. Good old McCartney, works every time.

Hippie Dribble
02-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Fun theme this week, and the debut of my uke capo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5nkM_mkILg&feature=youtu.be

...and thanks to the Daily Ukulele for coming through with a song when my mind was blank. Good old McCartney, works every time.
wow Ralf, just wonderful :)

chrimess
02-18-2012, 03:30 AM
The Valentines challenge is open until midnight Hawaiian tonight (5am EST Sunday) and you need a minimum of 4 out of 6 to play for this, amongst others:

myrnaukelele
02-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Okay, here's my entry for week two.

This was the worst of four attempts - but it was also the funniest so I chose it instead of others where I actually didn't screw up and where my voice didn't sound like I was chewing gravel. LOL

John

The talent in this contest is just amazing! I'm glad I'm not a judge because there are some awesome entries here.
John- this is brilliant! I wondered if anyone would write an original song for this contest. This is a fun one- but I'm a bass player so I can empathize.

myrnaukelele
02-18-2012, 06:37 AM
wow Ralf, just wonderful :)

Yes! Great song choice. And nicely done.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
02-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Finally got a chance to watch some of this week's videos---I don't envy the judges.

Thanks, everyone, for coming through with the Valentines Day antidotes!

Thanks (and welcome to UU), Sammi---nice, spare version of a great song!

Thanks, strumsilly and ashkelele---yes, yes, yes I love that song.

Thanks, OldePhart, for speaking up for us bassists---truer words were never sung.

Thanks, wee_ginga_yin, for sharing that pretty (cold) place and that pretty (sweet) performance.

And MattLindahl, holy good-night!! Great song choice, excellent performance! That's the "je ne sais quois" right there. Somebody send this gentleman a prize!

23skidoo
02-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Woohoo! Week 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQIm9FF1do

fourstringsisplenty
02-18-2012, 08:20 AM
nicely done.

sweetdemise
02-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Luckily, I had a poem written for valentine's day, which happened to be anti-valentines day (HOORAY!) I adlibbed the part with the ukulele lyrics, so that was... fun. Enjoy Valentine's day haters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dr8VZVc4JQ&feature=youtu.be

ukuleledaddy
02-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Woohoo! Week 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQIm9FF1do

AWESOME. I was thinking of doing this song too. I'm glad you did it. I loved hearing your version.

23skidoo
02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
AWESOME. I was thinking of doing this song too. I'm glad you did it. I loved hearing your version.

Thanks, man - I think, judging by the videos you've put up, that we like a lot of the same kind of music.... I didn't have time to record this until today - I've been expecting to see someone else put it up every time I've logged on the last few days....

23skidoo
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
nicely done.

thanks..... this one was kind of a blast from the past for me, but it was the first tune I thought of when I saw this week's challenge...

chrimess
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Week 3 challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEPGEEW32w&list=UUHNBNkCua39fuRdP6F1v-AQ&index=1&feature=plcp

thunderflea
02-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi, this is my submission for week 2, my first entry in a contest. This song is Ain't Talking About Love by Van Halen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSUYxxTbHkI

glass
02-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Week 3 challenge:

Sick so many options....

nbliss
02-18-2012, 11:32 AM
oldephart,

I love it. you have my vote for round 2!

UncleElvis
02-18-2012, 12:21 PM
ARRRGH! BRILLIANT idea for a challenge! I HATE YOU! *lol*

Hmmm... this is gonna be a toughie...

Hippie Dribble
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDE1udXi6uc

one of my favourite songs, wow Scott, beautiful job

ukuleledaveey
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
good luck all, cannot wait to see your entries for week three have enjoyed the last couple of weeks, your all doing an amazing job keep up the excellent work :bowdown:

MattLindahl
02-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes! Great song choice. And nicely done.
Copy that.