PDA

View Full Version : Long Day

ukebuilder
01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I would have to say nothing makes you want to build more than spending time with those that do. After getting home from Bradfords house and watching him build and showing me the ropes, I would have to say I am even more excited to build than ever. I had a lot of back orders for CBG stuff and had to get that out of the way so I could just focus in on UKES. I am tried of building the other stuff and want to just build ukes now. I am toying with an idea of a hillbilly type uke and will post a thread later but man I got up and got coffee and headed to the shop and stayed there till 9:00pm. Stopped only for food and to chat with the family as they filtered in and out. I did not have all the molds and forms and such so I had to make all them and just other stuff I needed to make life more easy. I even made a couple benders that I saw on here for two different sizes today as well. I am looking forward to a second visit with Brad when time allows and take him a few more surprises that I know he will love. I also have to take a trip back out to see my myrtle wood guy because I gave Brad my two big pieces for the help and jump start. So now I am low and I want to get it while there is still so much out there. If people only knew what he has and the price it would all go in a hurry. I was lucky to find him. Plus he wants a uke to, what better than to trade for a truck load of wood. Just wanted to share my new gitty excitement that I seem to have as of late.

Braden
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I've just begun building ukes, and I share your enthusiasm. I've just begun my second build and am so pleased with how fast it seems to be coming together. I'm interested in this hillbilly uke idea. Good luck!