Low g won't fit in bridge :( + random music store find

Ryan<3Ukes

Reaction score
I bought a worth brown low g tenor set for my KPK and the Low g won't fit in the slot on the bridge (standard/knotbridge). Any tips on making the slot wider? Randomness engaged >>>>> Oh and I also saw a deluxe Kelii tenor at my music shop and that's weird because it's just a random music shop in long beach and only sell the beginner level ukes of brands like kala and lanikai. Anyways Im pretty sure its been there since I started going there which was like 3 months ago and today was the first time Igot a good look at it. I forgot to ask if I could play it though (in locked glass case). Ok I need help on the bridge thing though xD

I'm not familiar with the KPK. There's a slot in the Bridge?

I used a standard metal finger nail file...and it worked...

Lol that makes sense. I used a wooden nail file before I made this thread and the abrasive part just rubbed off on the bridge xD. Now that part of the bridge looks pretty beat up but yeah its worth getting a metal nail file right now. My uke has three strings -____-

Lol that makes sense. I used a wooden nail file before I made this thread and the abrasive part just rubbed off on the bridge xD. Now that part of the bridge looks pretty beat up but yeah its worth getting a metal nail file right now. My uke has three strings -____-

the metal nail file is thinner and fits perfect...no need any tape....

I'm not familiar with the KPK. There's a slot in the Bridge?
A bridge is made from hardwood, so (as Stan already pointed out) a metal file is needed. Stan's a pro and could probably do this blindfolded, but I wouldn't trust myself not to slip up. I would put a thick business card or similar cardstock on the uke top just under the bridge.
koa-pili-koko-9.jpg

Top Bottom