Casey Kamaka Ulitmate Custom Shop-One of a Kind-Tenor

KimosTherapy

Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

Here's the Casey Kamaka Ultimate Custom Shop-One of a Kind-Tenor. It was displayed @ the 2012 NAMM SHOW ... until Mike(MGM) snagged it up for HMS. After Mike snagged this fabulous tenor with the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a(Hawaiian State Fish) inlays, it was no longer displayed - and put away for safe keeping. I can only DREAM .............................

Wake me up!!! On second thought ... don't wake me up! Lol!:biglaugh:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/kamaka-tenor-ultimate-custom-shop-one-of-a-kind.html

Last edited:
Sweet. I love the 'Be the first to review this product' link on that page. lol

ETA: Even the case is worth more than most ukes! :eek:

The case comes with a case.

I just showed it to my class and informed them that there were exactly 70 days until my birthday. If all my students from all my classes pitch in, each student would only have to pay $159. Seems like a deal to me. :)

Wow, that is a stunning instrument. My wife would LITERALLY kill me and bury me in the backyard if I were to pull the trigger and purchase that one though... I now feel the need to go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Honestly, with all the respect for Kamaka and Craig Lavin, I would never spend that kind of money unless the uke played itself.

I understand the value in the name "Kamaka", but really, when MGM played it in his video in the lobby, it didn't sound any better than some other high end ukes like a Moore Bettah, or Aldrine's Kanile'a. I know that the quality wasn't great by any means and it will be better in one of HMS' demo videos.

Still, the fact is that you're paying for the one-of-a-kind thing and the super time consuming inlays by Mr. Lavin.

I'd just be too scared to play it.

Last edited:
I played this uke.

It looks great, feels great, and sounds great.

But I have to agree with RyRod.. unless it played itself or birthed smaller versions that I could sell, I don't see the price making sense. For this uke or any uke.

Then again I guess it's one of a kind. :eek:

This uke is not unlike the "Sea Life" tenor made by Ko'olau. I think that one was about $10k, so I guess that's the going rate for custom ukes with tons of marine life inlays. You're obviously paying for all the inlay work and premium woods on ukes like these. If I was rich enough (i.e. multimillionaire) I'd go for one.

Few of us on UU are the target market for this instrument. It'll go to someone (probably in Asia) who barely even notices the price tag.

Few of us on UU are the target market for this instrument. It'll go to someone (probably in Asia) who barely even notices the price tag.

Quite possibly, but I know I've seen some forum members whose collections definitely get to the $10k level (and beyond)..

I guess I am missing something. It played nice and all, but the inlay is kind of simple. I think $5000 would be more realistic.

Love the curly koa of this one a lot.
'Worthiness' for everyone isn't equal. So I have no comment about the price.

Congratulation to the owner. :)

Quite possibly, but I know I've seen some forum members whose collections definitely get to the $10k level (and beyond)..

I'm sure there are quite a few "collections" that are north of the $10k level, however most of those collections got there 1 uke at a time. Not too many people can plop down $11k for 1 instrument. If I could afford it, I would love to have this one in my collection. :cool:

Beautiful uke.

(Note to self: Raise prices....)

Lol... Chuck please dont do this before I drop my order! Just sometime in the future.
And, I think this is a fight back to Taylor in concept. Or Casey finally finishes all those Jake signature orders in last quarter, and he wants to make something "more fun"(like what he said in NAMM interview videos).

Top Bottom