Soprano vintage Royal Hawaiian style uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD, thanks!

This is a new soprano size uke fashioned after the Royal Hawaiian style. Many years
ago I did some extensive repair work on a uke with all these same appointments.
Using blue/green abalone shell for all the bindings and inlays give this uke a very
unique look. The body shape is also a bit narrower like the vintage ukes of that
era. All the wood used is Koa, some of it highly flamed. The neck has a graphite
truss rod. There are 12 frets to the body. Vintage bone nut and saddle. The friction
tuners are vintage from the 20's with modified cream-colored plastic knobs and they
work very well. Clear Worth brand strings. Satin nitro-lacquer finish. Low easy
playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound. Excellent volume for a uke of
this size with that nice bark when strummed. Your complete satisfaction is
guaranteed. Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will
double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48
states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email
me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$1250

Attachments

• Royal H 2012-01-25a.jpg
    Royal H 2012-01-25a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Royal H 2012-01-25b.jpg
    Royal H 2012-01-25b.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 125
  • Royal H 2012-01-25d.jpg
    Royal H 2012-01-25d.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Royal H 2012-01-25c.jpg
    Royal H 2012-01-25c.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Royal H 2012-01-25e.jpg
    Royal H 2012-01-25e.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
oh dear...

That sums it up pretty well...thank goodness this hit the marketplace after Christmas otherwise the grandkiddies and orphans might have just had to suffer along without Santa's little helper this year... LOL

I deleted my initial response, after all, this is a family forum!

I've never wished I had $1,250.00 + $35.00 shipping as badly as I do at this very moment.

I've never wished I had $1,250.00 + $35.00 shipping as badly as I do at this very moment.

I'll second that, but I'd also like some talent to match an instrument like that one. I'm not even sure I look muscian-ny enough to hold that puppy.

Wow!!! That is the nicest looking retro uke I have ever seen Wow. I'm sure it ranks in my top 5 all time best. Great job fine work.

If you know where to look, the girls like this keep walking by.

I love it but need more in the bank to even think about this one. Look but don't touch for me. Reminds me of a Kumalae style. Or Bradfords vintage.

wow, if this thing had a few more frets, I likely would be $1200 poorer by now

Top Bottom