Luna Soprano Vs Islander MS-4?

Adobohobo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been doing my homework on a good beginner uke (as in an above-average souding Uke within reasonable price), and so far I've felt pretty sure about going with either the Luna Honu Soprano, or the Islander MS-4 for my first 'real' uke. From the reviews I've read online, it seems like the Luna has a nice sound, and is quite nice for the price range (my range is pretty much $100-$150, although if something is that much more worth it, I could probably afford to stretch that figure). The Islander seems to be also a really nice uke, and I've heard mostly positive things about it.

I'm looking for a more mellow, warmer sound in a uke, yet keeping in it's traditional optimistic sound... Also, this Uke will probably be my Go-To ukulele until I am past School and College, and I can afford a nice one. It's definitely not going to be put to use as a 'travel' Uke, being that it'd be far superior to the no-name I have now...

So yeah, if anyone's ever compared the two, please share your experience! It's hard to do a head-to-head comparison because reviews and such only focus on the Uke at hand really.

Thanks so much!!! Mahalo! haha

Played the islander today and I think it's gonna be tough to beat the sound, feel, fit and finish in its price range. You can find a warmer sound by trying different strings.

Played the islander today and I think it's gonna be tough to beat the sound, feel, fit and finish in its price range. You can find a warmer sound by trying different strings.
I dont think you will go wrong with the Islander seem to get a lot for your cash.

I have the luna tattoo concert, and i think that none of the ukes in their ukulele line are bad at all.
however Islander is from Kanilea, a much more reputable brand so I think you have a better chance of liking the islander more. of course usually with ukuleles you get what you pay for if theres a good setup included :3

I now play and Islander concert and it is far more uke for the money than any that I have owned or tried. The only other uke with this many great features would be a Kamoa E series.Islander hands down.

Top Bottom