PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing/Tying Equipment For Ukulele

tnfishdaddy
01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
If this is not appropriate, let me know and I will delete. In a former life (before kids), my life revolved around fly fishing and tying. I no longer use or have interest in it and was testing the waters to see if anybody out there might be interest in trading. If there is any interest, I will post up pictures and a more detailed list. Just hitting the highlights, I have a 7' 4 wt. Scott G series rod that still looks brand new.New line and new reel. Portable fly tying bench and everything you would ever need to tie flies including a Renzetti Travelers vise. If I was pricing this stuff new in a store, it would cost well over $1000. I am looking to trade for a ukulele in the $500+ range. A long shot I know but I figured it was worth a try. Administrators, if this post is innapropriate, please let me know and I will remove.

OldePhart
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Uh, oh, UAS hooked another one! (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun...)

Caught2
01-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Too bad you are giving up fly fishing. NE TN is heaven for fly fisherman. My friends and I make sevral trips a year to fish the SOHO, Watauga, and smaller creeks like Beaverdam. I will say that I have sold a fly rod to help fund a uke. I don't need another 4 wt. or that Scott would be very tempting. Good luck.

tnfishdaddy
01-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I shouldn't do it but I just don't fly fish or tie anymore. My boys go with me 99% of the time now and I am usually too busy helping them bait hooks or get their lines out of a tree. They don't have the patience for fly fishing. Use to fish the SOHO and Watauga quite a bit but these days, I like the small mountain streams better. I doubt anybody on here wants fly fishing stuff so I will end up putting it up on some of the fly fishing boards.