Dasilva ukes WTB

ukeykondo

Reaction score
Anyone have a custom Dasilva that they feel like selling?

I only got one Dasilva and I haven't even put greasy fried chicken fingerprints on it. It really is too pretty.

Now, you are making me want to play it.

I've heard folks refer to a DaSilva as an heirloom. Keeper. I feel the same way about my 2005 Compass Rose. It is a mahogany tenor with antique red finish, supposedly built by Rick for the NAAM show. As pretty as it is, the reason I keep it is the tone. Terrific! I suspect the DaSilvas are steller players as well.

Let's put it this way: I used to have UAS... until I got a DaSilva. Now I have one uke.

I've heard folks refer to a DaSilva as an heirloom. Keeper. I feel the same way about my 2005 Compass Rose. It is a mahogany tenor with antique red finish, supposedly built by Rick for the NAAM show. As pretty as it is, the reason I keep it is the tone. Terrific! I suspect the DaSilvas are steller players as well.

At the custom level, with well known builders you will definitely find stellar ukes. Mike's ukes are also crazy light and loud.

Has anyone heard of the soundboard warping? Someone told me that since his tops are so thin that it happens. I am going by what someone told me so no proof. I'm sure it can happen with any custom uke.

believe they all will warp "some" after a few years if the top is made to sound its best,,

I also play classical guitar and have two concert instruments costing far more than my DaSilva and they have slight deformation on the sound board,,

have seen many high level guitars costing in the $10k to $20k+ and the light warping had no impact on their sound or resale value,,

Derry

Attachments

• _DSC1591.jpg
    _DSC1591.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
potato chipping is not a problem...I'm sure all luthiers have their preferences for thin soundboard vs. stability.
Derry, that's a nice uke!!

Has anyone heard of the soundboard warping? Someone told me that since his tops are so thin that it happens. I am going by what someone told me so no proof. I'm sure it can happen with any custom uke.

My spruce top seemed to be getting wavy. I had Mike look at it and he said no problem and told me he would always fix it if something happened.
Gordon (Mya-Moe) was standing right next to him and looked at it and said he wished he could design a top just like it.

While I love all my ukulele's my DaSilva is something special.

Top Bottom