sticky fingers

Sayyadina

Reaction score
Hey you guys! Maybe it's just me, but I am having some problems due to my fingers "sticking" to the strings when fretting (my hands get sweaty when playing). Then upon being lifted from the strings a sound similiar to doing a pull-off (just less loud) is produced. This often sounds weird expecially when I am fingerpicking.

Anyone experiencing or ever experienced the same? Is there a technique to prevent this? Maybe I am fretting too hard or something? Or do I need to stop my hands getting sweaty thus being less sticky, which would be quite difficult to achieve I guess :) ?!

Thank you!

wash your hands with warm soap and water. then dry them thoroughly before playing. the sweat from your hands can get on the uke so it is possible that there is some finger grease residue on the strings and the fretboard. pick up some string and fret board cleaner/conditioner from the music store (just get the guitar stuff). look for the stuff that you apply then wipe off with a rag. this will lift any contaminants off the strings, and lubricate them and the fretboard.

wash your hands with warm soap and water. then dry them thoroughly before playing. the sweat from your hands can get on the uke so it is possible that there is some finger grease residue on the strings and the fretboard. pick up some string and fret board cleaner/conditioner from the music store (just get the guitar stuff). look for the stuff that you apply then wipe off with a rag. this will lift any contaminants off the strings, and lubricate them and the fretboard.

The strings are almost new but I will definitely try that. Thank you NukeDOC!

it's most likely that the strings/fretboard is dirty. I have really really sweaty hands and that doesn't happen to me, except on my guitar, which I don't tend to clean. You may just be pulling your fingers off the strings in a way that is like a pull-off.

Top Bottom